Question: Question: if you could add one rule to better CFB or create more competition...

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
How about having two feet in bounds for a catch like the NFL. Just think how many catches this previous year would not have been catches with this rule.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'd like to see something done about these crack back blocks that level people. If you notice they are always to head, it might be just the shoulder or even a legal helmet hit, but it always catches the player off guard and some injuries have occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: Question: if you could add on rule to better College Football or create more comp

Eject OFFICIALS for BAD calls.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Re: Question: if you could add on rule to better College Football or create more comp

I think my rule changes would be pretty unpopular because I would make the game more like the NFL because I think the NFL rules are better overall. Obviously there are some exceptions to that though.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

1. Communication relayed to QB via helmets. Would love to see that. Would speed the game up a little bit.
2. Expand the replay to few areas.
3. Eliminate Low blocking.
4. Get rid of Fair catches on KO.
5. Control of the ball rules.
6. update the targeting rules.

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013

If players were EJECTED for chop blocks, this tactic would END, I think.
In my experience most chop blocks are miscommunication between linemen. There is almost always an argument after over who was assigned to block that guy. It got so heated in one game two players of the same team said they would settle it in the parking lot after the game.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
If you want to create more comp then I would say limit the coaching staff.
I assume you're referring to all the "support staff" schools now have who officially are not football coaches or staff but in reality are. It's ironic that a Clemson fan is posting this on a Bama site since Clemson and Bama are two of the schools who most push the limits of this, having hoards of "non-football" staff helping primarily with football. That said, I agree with you, the NCAA needs to better define what constitutes coaches and staff and then put more equitable rules in place. As much as I like the benefits Bama has reaped from it, the reality is that it's not fair for them to have all these advisors, volunteers, etc. who in reality are just extra coaches.

As others have said, the on-field rule change most needed is adopting the NFL rule for linemen down field (1-yard, not 3-yards).

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'd eliminate the extended commercials and roll back the clock rules (clock should always stop when play goes out of bounds) which would equal more football and less commercials in about the same amount of time.

I'd change the rule about ground causing a player down without defensive contact - more offense

I'd change overtime to somehow incorporate having to make at least one first down to be in FG range (probably start at 40 vs. 25).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.