News Article: Tyler Trent, Purdue Superfan, Has Lost His Battle with Cancer

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I just wanted to also post this from an article he wrote a few weeks back:

“Though I am in hospice care and have to wake up every morning knowing that the day might be my last, I still have a choice to make: to make that day the best it can be," Tyler Trent wrote. "Yet, isn’t that a choice we all have every day?"

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
RIP Tyler. Rest in God's hands. I can't even begin to think what it's like to see your child die like this. CA, I totally agree with you and Dub about St. Jude in Memphis. Those folks are all angels and they are relentless in fighting children's cancer. I didn't know what work you were in but may God bless you Dub for what you do.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Every time I am convinced we have lost every ounce of humanity, someone like Tyler comes along to let us know that is not the case.

RIP Tyler.

Your fight affected so many.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Rest in Peace, Tyler. I pray the Lord will be with his family. I am glad I got to know of him through ESPN/Rinaldi show and the awards show. So glad he got to attend the awards show. He seemed like a great young man. Cancer is just terrible.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Such a damn shame.

Working the HEMONC floor at children’s this is a story I’m all too familiar with.

.... cancer.
as a veteran of multiple long icu stays in children's atlanta, i can't thank the wonderful workers there and at children's hospitals around the country enough.

:cheers2:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The post game locker room after the Ohio St win was as good as it gets in college football. RIP TYLER!

Last edited:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
It’s fulfilling work. Sometimes it makes you melt. Had a little girl on the cancer floor a few months back. Convinced I fixed her bedside monitor with magic. Asked if I could turn her into a mermaid. Had to step out of the room.

Dub melted on the spot.
Don't know how you do it man. I wouldn't last two hours, if there is one thing that will bring me to tears is a child in pain. I can handle adults as there have been several family members and friends with bone cancer, breast cancer, etc. but seeing a child in those conditions just absolutely gets to me. Thank you for being there for them and their families and you have my full respect for what you do.

RIP Tyler Trent, you have done wonders in your short stay.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
It’s fulfilling work. Sometimes it makes you melt. Had a little girl on the cancer floor a few months back. Convinced I fixed her bedside monitor with magic. Asked if I could turn her into a mermaid. Had to step out of the room.

Dub melted on the spot.
Dub, you made me lose it brother. God bless you and thank you for helping children.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.