Link: Jalen Hurts is just getting started as his Alabama career winds down

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...en-hurts-alabama-career-next-tide-quarterback

But when he was asked after the game what it felt like to be in this moment, he answered cryptically, "It kinda feels like I'm breaking my silence." In a hallway after the news conference, he said he didn't really feel like talking. When asked if there was any deeper meaning to his earlier statement, he said, "That's you assuming."
The next morning, during a television interview with ESPN, Hurts recalled last year's national championship game and how, in a hotel room that night, he cried in his parents' arms. He asked, "What are we going to do now?" and he said his dad told him, "We are going to fight."
It was a rare instance of Hurts dropping his guard publicly and admitting that it had been a long year for him.
"I've been fighting for a year," he said, "not knowing what the result would be. Competing, keeping faith, and God was with me yesterday."
He says he has applied to graduate school for sports management. The unanswered follow-up question is, "Which school?"
For now, Hurts is keeping his focus on finishing strong and helping his team any way he can on Monday, when it plays Clemson for the national championship. He doesn't want his future to be part of the conversation and has done his best to detach himself from speculation, but he should be used to the chatter by now.
[HR][/HR]Whatever happens next, Hurts' legacy at Alabama is already set. As many people have pointed out, his is a story worthy of the big screen.
Might he be saving his best act for last? The flashes of improvement we've seen from him this season could add up to something special as a senior.
Enos swelled with pride when he talked about how far Hurts has come -- how he has improved in not just throwing the ball but also reading coverages and keeping his eyes downfield. On Hurts' second play of the game against Georgia, on third-and-long and trailing by a touchdown in the fourth quarter, Enos saw all of that come together at once.

"He stands in there, relocates and waits for the route to open," Enos recalled. "Doesn't panic, his feet are great, and he makes that throw" -- a first-down pass to tight end Irv Smith Jr. -- "then we go on that long drive and score to tie.
"To me, that play right there, that third-down play, I told him, 'That was huge.' Not only for us but for him."

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I’d be willing to bet that the fact that we were struggling/stumbling on O and he didn’t get a chance to play until the outcome was no longer in doubt is weighing heavy in his mind.

The guy did it the right way this year, was a complete team player. And when the team was struggling on the biggest stage, he didn’t get a chance.

Can’t blame him for at least weighing his options. Hope he decides to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I’d be willing to bet that the fact that we were struggling/stumbling on O and he didn’t get a chance to play until the outcome was no longer in doubt is weighing heavy in his mind.

The guy did it the right way this year, was a complete team player. And when the team was struggling on the biggest stage, he didn’t get a chance.

Amen.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Dude already decided he was transferring months ago...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.