2019 In Memoriam Thread

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...weet-friend-mary-tyler-moore-show/3481072002/

Mary Tyler Moore may have been the one who turned the world on with her smile, as Moore's sitcom theme has it, but co-star Georgia Engel helped make sure viewers' grins never faded into frowns.
Engel is best known for her role as soft-voiced Georgette Franklin, the sweet, ever-so-innocent girlfriend and later wife of self-important TV anchor Ted Baxter (Ted Knight) on one of the best sitcoms ever, "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Couple of requests

1. If you post a link, please at least put a line telling us who it is. Instead of a link and a random comment that doesn’t say who passed
2. Remember this is no politics. Even if it’s a politician that died

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My brother - the news producer with access to the wire - states that Boston Celtics great John Havlicek has passed away.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Here you go. He was a great player for tOSU and the Celtics. This was in the days when I stilled watched college basketball and the NBA. He was a sophomore starter on the 1960 NCAA champion Ohio State Buckeyes. The Buckeyes started 3 sophomores (freshmen could not play varsity ball during those years) John Havlicek, Jerry Lucas, Mel Nowell, Joe Roberts, a senior and junior Larry Seigfreid. The 6th man, first off the bench was another sophomore, Bobby Knight. Beat UCal in 1960 for the NCAA championship and made it to the finals in both 1961 and 1962 losing both times to the University of Cincinnati. Great team, great players, lots of memories. RIP John Havlicek.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...e-greatest-celtics-ever-dies-at-79/ar-BBWiMa5

Last edited:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
The passing of John Havlicek really saddens me. Great player and one on my childhood favorites. Red Auerbach, at John's retirement, said if he had a son and he was just like John, he would be the happiest man in the world.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I remember a story about Woody Hayes trying to get Havlicek to come out for the football team. Seems he was a high school QB and the story was that he could stand in the end zone and throw it into the other end zone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.