Movie Trailer Thread
Page 1 of 44 1234567811 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Movie Trailer Thread

I love me some movie trailers. I'll annoy my family and watch old trailers on movies we've already seen.

While I usually catch up on most of them on Youtube a few still slip through the cracks so maybe it will help. If you see something coming out that looks good post it on up.

I'll throw out the next two Marvel movies that I'll be seeing to start with:

Re: Movie Trailer Thread

Not sure how this will end up being (Stephen King's stuff doesn't always translate well to film) but I loved the books and Idris Elba is a fantastic actor.

I had missed this one until my dad mentioned it a few days ago. About the Armenian genocide which you don't hear very much about really.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Not sure how this will end up being (Stephen King's stuff doesn't always translate well to film) but I loved the books and Idris Elba is a fantastic actor

I would say that the The Body (Stand by Me) and Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption (obvious) became great films but tend to agree. More misses than hits with King's work. This one worries me a bit as it looks a little too much like an action movie and that they are trying to shove too much in. Think it would have been better as an HBO Series but I do love the cast.

Ragnarok looks fun and I have tickets to Guardians for the first showing tomorrow night
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I would say that the The Body (Stand by Me) and Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption (obvious) became great films but tend to agree. More misses than hits with King's work. This one worries me a bit as it looks a little too much like an action movie and that they are trying to shove too much in. Think it would have been better as an HBO Series but I do love the cast.

Ragnarok looks fun and I have tickets to Guardians for the first showing tomorrow night
    I won't get to see GoTG until Sunday but been amped all week for it.

100% agree on the HBO series for Dark Tower.

Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption are all time favorites of mine. I also enjoyed 1408 & The Mist. The latter of which is also getting another remake. The new IT trailer looks pretty good as well and I've got high hopes for it as of now (I'll post it below). Maximum Overdrive is pretty bad but still a guilty pleasure of mine.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

I can count on one hand the hits of King's books to movies.

1. Misery
    2. Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption (King's favorite FYI)
    3. The Body
    4. The Green Mile
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I can count on one hand the hits of King's books to movies.

1. Misery
    2. Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption (King's favorite FYI)
    3. The Body
    4. The Green Mile
    Uhh, The Shining?
    Stand By Me?
    Carrie?
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

I wish this one would hurry up and get here.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Uhh, The Shining?
    Stand By Me?
    Carrie?
    We recently watched the remake miniseries of the Shining which is decent but would have been way better if they had found a kid that could halfway act.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Uhh, The Shining?
    Stand By Me?
    Carrie?
    the Shining was awful compared to the book. The Body is Stand by Me. I will give you Carrie.

Roll Tide Roll

We recently watched the remake miniseries of the Shining which is decent but would have been way better if they had found a kid that could halfway act.
    yep, that kid was an awful actor. the miniseries was pretty meh, but not terrible like the Kubrick version.

Roll Tide Roll

Not sure how this will end up being (Stephen King's stuff doesn't always translate well to film) but I loved the books and Idris Elba is a fantastic actor.

Elba is a fantastic actor, but I am confused as to why he was cast. My guess is they are going to completely ignore the second book? For those that haven't read the books, race played a big role in the second book and Roland was a white guy. Now if the ignore that entire story line and focus solely on the first book, it could be good. From what I have heard, it is a continuation of the 7 (8) books and he will actually have the Horn of Elder already so he could in theory not even have the second book storyline. I will still watch no matter what as I loved the books.

Roll Tide Roll