2019 In Memoriam Thread

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
His brother’s mother-in-law died in post 42.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My god, I feel like I'm visiting my ex-FIL the Cajun.

"My ex-brother-in-law's cousin......."

His own wife said, "Why don't you just say, 'I knew someone this happened to' since Bill doesn't know any more now than he did before?"

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I really liked Doris Day. She made several feel good movies and was an outstanding singer. I didn’t realize her leg had been crushed by a train. I seem to recall her dancing in some movies. RIP.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I really liked Doris Day. She made several feel good movies and was an outstanding singer. I didn’t realize her leg had been crushed by a train. I seem to recall her dancing in some movies. RIP.
how did she not know how old she was -?? odd.....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
just saw that tim conway passed. when i was little, i used to lay in bed with my granny and watch the carol burnett show and he was one of my favorites on the show (the entire cast was great)

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
You know, the dentist scene with Harvey Corman is hilarious but I personally think the elephant story is better. He just owns the whole cast and when they think he’s stopped and they can continue he just kicks them to the ground again. Seeing the other comics lose it and try to compose themselves is hilarious.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You know, the dentist scene with Harvey Corman is hilarious but I personally think the elephant story is better. He just owns the whole cast and when they think he’s stopped and they can continue he just kicks them to the ground again. Seeing the other comics lose it and try to compose themselves is hilarious.
The elephant story was by far his best. I just watched it again and it is still funny.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
What a shame the article focuses on that one WS play. IIRC, Buckner had a horrible ankle injury he was trying to playing through. Besides, he had one of the best mustaches in all of baseball.

RIP Mr Buckner. Thanks for the good memories.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Yeah, he had, IIRC, either a high ankle sprain or a fracture. The strange thing was thet the ground ball was actually a slow roller and not a rocket shot. He did not get his glove on the ground and the ball just rolled under his glove. I do suspect his injury had some affect on the routine ground ball. He had an awesome mustache, best in the MLB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.