Brad Edwards calls this Clemson vs Bama game one of the greatest match ups ever

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I really think this matchup is gonna be decided by OL v. DL. Alabama's OL will not stone that DL but they'll hold up decently whereas I suspect that Buggs, Davis, and Williams will absolutely maul that Clemson OL. If they weren't so dang explosive at the skill positions w/ a scheme that mitigates some of the pressure aspects well, this would be Alabama in a romp. But alas, they're a well schemed offense that has gotten pretty good at doing well without blueblood quality OL play.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IIRC, they had a weird recruiting class a few years ago. They ended up redshirting most of the players. Just remember it stuck out and made me question Dabo's roster management.

As far as the current roster, 247 has them #6 in the nation.
Thanks. Their #6 is a drop off though. Alabama has 63 players who are either 4 or 5 stars on your roster while Clemson has 46. That is a pretty big gap.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Realistically your top 40 players is what really matters. The bottom 40 helps with depth in case of injuries but only if you can get them enough reps before it really matters.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Didn't even need the infographic to know where the delta lies. Clemson invests a lot of energy in QB, skill, and DL recruiting. They have a ton of pro success at those spots and it sorta feedback loops for them. OL, LB, and DB have been their more exploitable positions going back to when Dabo was just Tommy Bowden's recruiting coordinator. They basically recruit like a blueblood at QB, WR, RB, DE, and DT but recruit like a mid-tier power five program at OT, OG, C, LB, and DB.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
I really think this matchup is gonna be decided by OL v. DL. Alabama's OL will not stone that DL but they'll hold up decently whereas I suspect that Buggs, Davis, and Williams will absolutely maul that Clemson OL. If they weren't so dang explosive at the skill positions w/ a scheme that mitigates some of the pressure aspects well, this would be Alabama in a romp. But alas, they're a well schemed offense that has gotten pretty good at doing well without blueblood quality OL play.
Jess has Clemson with the edge in OL and DL

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Jess has Clemson with the edge in OL and DL
Every other body gives Alabama the edge in O-Line. Jess is wrong there. But I understand how he came to his conclusion.

Clemson's o-line is going to get exposed in this game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.