Maryland is now my second-favorite team, Locksley shows class

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Hope the best for his new coaching career. He's a good one. Maybe his first order of business is to get Terps some better looking uni's.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm still holding out hope that IF Jalen transfers he follows Locks to UMD. Would be a lot of fun and I could get cheap tickets to see him play.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
As Brad said, ethics in college football is a scarce commodity, but Coach Locksley showed everyone, Alabama fan or not, how to exit a program. Thanks Coach for your dedication to the team.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It`s a small world. The sun will come up on the day for Coach Locksley when this level of class will be remembered. Karma does not always have to be bad!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm still holding out hope that IF Jalen transfers he follows Locks to UMD. Would be a lot of fun and I could get cheap tickets to see him play.
If Locksley gets it done in the championship game, I would have no issue at all with Hurts following him to Maryland.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
[FONT=&quot]“Some of the guys that were signed at Alabama I was the lead recruiter on and I think maybe the credibility of me saying I don’t have a dog in the fight now, I’m going to Maryland but I’m telling you Alabama is still the best situation for you,” Locksley said. “Look what Alabama did for me as a coach so imagine what it could do for you as a player.”
[/FONT]
Nice.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This is fantastic. I wish him nothing but success at Maryland. That is very respectful of him. I hope he dominates the B1G, or whatever it is called.
Brings up an interesting thought ... how realistic do we think Maryland can be dominate program in the b1G? They're playing in the toughest part of the conference but one could argue that he picked a good time to go there with the changes at OSU and the rebuilding most of the top programs will be going through. I don't think they will ever be "the" program of the B1G but believe they may be able to make some noise as early as the next 2-3 seasons

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Brings up an interesting thought ... how realistic do we think Maryland can be dominate program in the b1G?
Really like Locks, but 7 wins/year is about all that you can expect at Maryland. They will likely never make the B1GCG, much less win the conference.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
That's an impressive man. It's sad when you have to rally behind someone for doing the right thing instead of it just being considered the standard.

I appreciate it, but have to imagine there was a time when this was how business was conducted in general. Or maybe I romanticize things.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Really like Locks, but 7 wins/year is about all that you can expect at Maryland. They will likely never make the B1GCG, much less win the conference.
If he can start pulling in the Minkah's of the area -- he has a shot to do much better. Look at how many kids we've pulled from the DC/Philly Metro area over the past 5-7 years..... If he keeps those kids, he's got a shot!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If he can start pulling in the Minkah's of the area -- he has a shot to do much better. Look at how many kids we've pulled from the DC/Philly Metro area over the past 5-7 years..... If he keeps those kids, he's got a shot!
What does that amount to? 4-6 players/year? That is his whole roster. The rest will be all unrated players or 3 stars. He can't compete in the B1G with that kind of talent.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Well, I also salute Coach Locksley for his outstanding job recruiting and apparently keeping his head in the game here while also having a new job to worry about at the same time. Very well done on his part. The whole thing about him not stealing recruits might be overstated a bit, though. Players at the level that they get a scholarship to Bama were not going to go to Maryland anyway. That is a school that is going to have to try to do their best with the 3 stars they can identify and get into the program. Not losing them to OSU or PSU is commendable. But I don't think he could have taken them to Maryland if he tried.

Kirby, who did exactly the wrong thing, was at least in a position where he could steal those players he wanted. UGA was already a big enough name with a respectable program that just needed a little boost. Snatching those away was not nearly as difficult as it would have been for Coach Locksley.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
What does that amount to? 4-6 players/year? That is his whole roster. The rest will be all unrated players or 3 stars. He can't compete in the B1G with that kind of talent.
Yea. UMD isn't turning into a powerhouse or anything close. I could see them having a year here or there where maybe they outperform their talent but UMD isn't going to become something its not.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Yea. UMD isn't turning into a powerhouse or anything close. I could see them having a year here or there where maybe they outperform their talent but UMD isn't going to become something its not.
They did beat a team "that's back" - Texas! Does that mean the Terps are back?

Unfortunately, if it isn't basketball or lacrosse, Maryland will not compete in the yankee combine. Should have stayed in the ACC.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If he transfers there, here's hoping they have a very GOOD OL to protect Jalen. If not, don't go there.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
If he transfers there, here's hoping they have a very GOOD OL to protect Jalen. If not, don't go there.
When you're used to a five star resort and now you're going to the Econo Inn . . . I don't think Maryland is a good fit for Jalen. Assume the midwest or west is where he ends up, unless he somehow stays at Bama. But who knows, maybe he wants that graduate degree from an Ivy. The Harvard QB made the pro's.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.