Link: Former Dawg RB Tim Worley is not happy

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
We sat with Tim and Dee Worley a few years ago at a good friend's wedding. Awesome people. Tim has a life story that you should read about sometime. How he lost his way and found it again (very similar to our own Bobby Humphrey). Tim is now married to Bama gymnast all-time great Dee (Foster) Worley (equally awesome).

Fast forward to Tuesday. Tim is not happy about how the Dawgs performed and some things leading up to the game. He really hits hard on a lot of things re: attitude, player participation, etc. that we have discussed here over the last few years.

I made this its own post so it didn't get lost in the game thread. Definitely is worth a read: timTALKS: UGA Football leadership...you're being warned

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Exactly right!

That school is giving you a free education, free food, free clothes, and a ramp to riches. Go play the game, take pride, stay humble!

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Some will say there is a lot of truth in what he said and many will say things have changed in college athletics in the 20 years since Worley played and he needs to get with the times. Personally, I don't think there will be any long lasting affects of the game the other night for Georgia. Bama has been in the same position a couple of times and laid an egg in the Sugar Bowl (2008 and 2013 seasons) and went on the win the National Championship the next year after the loss to Utah in 2008 and have been to 5 straight playoffs with multiple national titles after the loss to Oklahoma in 2013. Bowl games are overrated for the momentum that they bring going into the next season. UGA may actually learn more from a defeat than they would have with a win.

PS: Clemson gave up 70 points to West Virginia in 2012 Orange Bowl and have now gone on the best run in school history.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Some will say there is a lot of truth in what he said and many will say things have changed in college athletics in the 20 years since Worley played and he needs to get with the times. Personally, I don't think there will be any long lasting affects of the game the other night for Georgia. Bama has been in the same position a couple of times and laid an egg in the Sugar Bowl (2008 and 2013 seasons) and went on the win the National Championship the next year after the loss to Utah in 2008 and have been to 5 straight playoffs with multiple national titles after the loss to Oklahoma in 2013. Bowl games are overrated for the momentum that they bring going into the next season. UGA may actually learn more from a defeat than they would have with a win.

PS: Clemson gave up 70 points to West Virginia in 2012 Orange Bowl and have now gone on the best run in school history.
You know, I had forgotten about that!

Can it happen again. Here's hoping.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
Georgia fans think they're getting Coach Saban by proxy with Kirby Smart. They were ecstatic when they recruited the #1 ranked class last year. They haven't been happy to lose to Bama these last two games but because the losses were close they feel validated.

We all remember the 2010 season when we lost 3 games, two close ones and a 14 point loss. Coach Saban talked about the player issues and it apparently got corrected by the bowl game because we looked like world beaters that day.

Kirby Smart may or may not get things corrected with Georgia's players but so far he doesn't appear to know what to do or how to do it.

Georgia's fans AND players need to get Bama out of their head until the next time we play because they need to be worried about Florida resuging. Next year besides Florida and AU they have an A&M team that looks like it may become a contender in the West. All in all with Notre Dame also on next years schedule they've got at least 4 teams that could beat them.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks, Brett excellent article from Tim Worley. He is absolutely spot on about, entitlement, pouting, and the absolute worse is letting your arse overload your mouth. I know everything in college athletics is about money and future money, but I have always opposed players leaving early for the NFL or NBA, just my opinion.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Get off social media before ballgames. Shut your mouth. Shut your mouth. Shut. Your. Mouth. Say what you have to say with sixty minutes of dominate play.
Best two words of advice in 99% of situations: Shut up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.