Tigernet reporting suspended Clemson players will not be available for CFP

knowledge

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 6, 2007
Madison
Tigernet reporting suspended Clemson players will not be available for CFP championship game pending appeal.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban will never give specifics but I've assumed our three guys out are also NCAA drug test failures. If our guys are taking scout team snaps then it was pretty well over for Clemson's trio too. All major fanbases just got their ignorant, detached from reality segment.

tambo410

1st Team
Nov 25, 2008
Fallston, MD
www.vrbo.com
Is it just me or was it a bad look seeing Dexter Lawrence on the sideline during the semi-final? It seemed ESPN showed him every chance they got. I am not sure why players suspended for failing a drug test would be on a trip and much less on the sideline. I lost a little more respect for Dabo... I just don't see why he was there. Suspended players shouldn't travel or am I missing something...?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Is it just me or was it a bad look seeing Dexter Lawrence on the sideline during the semi-final? It seemed ESPN showed him every chance they got. I am not sure why players suspended for failing a drug test would be on a trip and much less on the sideline. I lost a little more respect for Dabo... I just don't see why he was there. Suspended players shouldn't travel or am I missing something...?
He will be there for the finals, too.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He will be there for the finals, too.
As I saw someone else ask the other day, "Is it messed up a guy gets sent to the locker room for a targeting call but Dexter Lawrence can be on the sideline for a failed NCAA mandated drug test?"

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
I'm not sure how this was ever in question. Will Grier was suspended for a year due to PED's. They shouldn't be allowed to be on the sidelines with their teams. They "unknowingly" made their choice when they became careless with what they were using/ingesting. If I were Clemson, I wouldn't want them walking around on the sidelines as a constant reminder that they are without a major contributor due to being selfish.

tambo410

1st Team
Nov 25, 2008
Fallston, MD
www.vrbo.com
If I were Clemson, I wouldn't want them walking around on the sidelines as a constant reminder that they are without a major contributor due to being selfish.
Agreed completely... And I can't see Dabo having them there. Not sure what he is thinking. I don't recall seeing our 3 who were suspended on the sidelines, and I would question CNS if they were. Poor optics.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I'm not sure how this was ever in question. Will Grier was suspended for a year due to PED's. They shouldn't be allowed to be on the sidelines with their teams. They "unknowingly" made their choice when they became careless with what they were using/ingesting. If I were Clemson, I wouldn't want them walking around on the sidelines as a constant reminder that they are without a major contributor due to being selfish.
Maybe you haven’t heard they are innocent and have no idea how those drugs got in their system.

Clemson Player: I have no idea how that got in my system.

Me: Probably when you took those drugs.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Suspended means suspended.
It certainly did at one time, and it still should! I recall Ken Stabler telling a story once.....CPB suspended him for violating team rules. Stabler was pretty cocky at the time and was certain CPB wasn't serious. While home in Foley, Stabler received a telegram from Joe Namath with the message, "Dear Kenny, he means it."

I believe that discipline is a hallmark of any successful football program. I just can't fathom a coach's mindset that would allow a suspended player to travel with / be on the sideline with the team until he "worked off" the suspension. But that's just me.

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
I didn't like seeing him there nor do I like seeing the players who have opted out of their bowl games! You are either with the team .. or you are not! Just my opinion! RTR

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Dabo knows how the REC works.... the Ostarine must have been supplanted in the lake that makes clempson better than the barn. He merely took a swim prior to testing and accidentally swallowed some of the water....SO, since he’s not guilty (because he told Dabo so) he gets to travel and sit on the sideline because who are you gonna believe.....the Drug test.. or your lying arse eyes/ears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.