Question: Who actually made the decision for San Jose and Levis Stadium?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Of those Minneapolis would be my choice. I like San Antonio but that is a b-ball facility that is too small. Jacksonville is not a good venue at all. I’d put it with TB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They have fans (the kind that move air, not blow hot air) all around the field right now, including some blowing under the tarp right now. They are trying.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Many have already said this, but Santa Clara bid and won out. It was "time" to have a west coast location, and the Rose Bowl did NOT want it. Los Angeles did but won't have the stadium ready hence the 2023 selection. It all comes down to money. I'm sure the tickets are all "sold" tomorrow, but the actual numbers will be interesting. Our administration isn't expecting a full crowd for all the reasons we've already discussed. Nothing they could do about it though.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
My question is, if Levi Stadium has had such a history of bad playing surfaces, why haven't they just gone to turf. They should not have any problem maintaining that. And we wouldn't all be sitting around wondering what the field would be like for the game.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
Alabama and Clemson are less than 400 miles apart, so common sense would tell me to have the game in Atl or Florida or within that vicinity. This means Clemson will travel approx 2700 miles, and Bama about 2300 miles. I know, they don't have to travel by train or bus like back in the day, but I do know that the average fan of either team can't go to the game and that's sad. We all know it boils down to money, money, money. I understand the politics of the situation. I also know we sent a man to the moon and back safely, so why can't there be a backup plan for a situation like this one? Wait a minute, what am I saying? We didn't go to the moon! That's for any conspiracy theorist out there.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama and Clemson are less than 400 miles apart, so common sense would tell me to have the game in Atl or Florida or within that vicinity. This means Clemson will travel approx 2700 miles, and Bama about 2300 miles. I know, they don't have to travel by train or bus like back in the day, but I do know that the average fan of either team can't go to the game and that's sad. We all know it boils down to money, money, money. I understand the politics of the situation. I also know we sent a man to the moon and back safely, so why can't there be a backup plan for a situation like this one? Wait a minute, what am I saying? We didn't go to the moon! That's for any conspiracy theorist out there.
It's not that simple. At all.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's not that simple. At all.
No, it's not, unfortunately. However, anyone could have seen this disaster coming a long way off. Anyone but the CFB PTB. I understand that they were defending their decision today...

Edit: We are much more likely to be hurt than Clemson, IMO...

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
College Game Day is on, they are doing nothing to dry out the field. Do they think they have it dried out?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.