Poll: Fixing the national championship location

Best idea for fixing the NC site

• Total voters

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I voted for a central location - Vegas. Tidefans have lost so much money on postseason trips the past 10 years that we really would be better off with a chance to make a little for a change.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I voted for a NY6 rotation. That gives them each a playoff game half the time and a spotlight New Years game the rest of the time. I would also make the championship a bowl game. The same place hosting the big game kills interest in the regular bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
I voted for other as I think it should only be allowed in a Dome! The biggest game on the biggest stage should not have to be worried about weather! Also ..l the semi playoff rounds should be played at the home fields with season ticket holders getting their normal tickets!

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I sorta like Tuscaloosa myself.
Might as well if it’s gonna be an outdoor venue...#1 seed....home field....capacity is plenty compared to Levi’s Stadium...split the tickets and go......allow the revenue to one of the cities of one of the schools in it rather than to a city that has no concern with college ball. I personally think it’s absurd to make fans of east coast teams travel the entire length of the country to go to the most expensive travel destination to attend a college football game in an area that could care less about the game..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Might as well if it’s gonna be an outdoor venue...#1 seed....home field....capacity is plenty compared to Levi’s Stadium...split the tickets and go......allow the revenue to one of the cities of one of the schools in it rather than to a city that has no concern with college ball. I personally think it’s absurd to make fans of east coast teams travel the entire length of the country to go to the most expensive travel destination to attend a college football game in an area that could care less about the game..

But then you are hoping that someone like Oregon doesn’t get the #1 seed because of 54k capacity. I think they have to have a predetermined site but they should avoid bowing to big nfl organizations bidding big in states not big in college football on the west and east coasts. Personally I think Dallas is the best but like one said it gets boring going to one site every year. I think Middle USA stadiums with domes or some rotation with the NY6 in mind works best.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I like the system as it is, but they should be more selective in the bids that they are willing to accept.
Santa Clara got it for the same reason Atlanta got it last year. They are focused on promoting a new stadium and were hoping for a big turnout. Santa Clara can’t even get a PAC 12 championship game with 60% capacity with Stanford and USC playing. They should’ve been excluded from bidding imo. They won the bid over San Antonio, Minnesota, and Dallas.

Don’t be surprised that In the next round of bidding when LV gets a booking.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
But then you are hoping that someone like Oregon doesn’t get the #1 seed because of 54k capacity. I think they have to have a predetermined site but they should avoid bowing to big nfl organizations bidding big in states not big in college football on the west and east coasts. Personally I think Dallas is the best but like one said it gets boring going to one site every year. I think Middle USA stadiums with domes or some rotation with the NY6 in mind works best.
I think Dallas is a great site...but considering they already fluctuate with the location....and also they are practically giving away tickets for the game this week....a 54k capacity venue in Oregon if they ever could be the #1 seed doesn’t seem too bad to me. Hell, they can’t get much worse this year for the team that has been the favorite most years this decade already, in way of inconveniencing their fans to attend the game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Dallas is a great site...but considering they already fluctuate with the location....and also they are practically giving away tickets for the game this week....a 54k capacity venue in Oregon if they ever could be the #1 seed doesn’t seem too bad to me. Hell, they can’t get much worse this year for the team that has been the favorite most years this decade already, in way of inconveniencing their fans to attend the game.

If they do Home field hosting then they would have to have it a 2 week break after semis as a minimum to figure up tickets. Then you would probably have to make the semis home field as well. I could get down with that if they cut the bowls in half and make some incentive for winning the major bowls... like I guess some preseason ranking advantage idk... but you would effectively make the major bowls even more meaningless so you would have to do something or treat those games like a hybrid of the BCS and Poll era.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
If they do Home field hosting then they would have to have it a 2 week break after semis as a minimum to figure up tickets. Then you would probably have to make the semis home field as well. I could get down with that if they cut the bowls in half and make some incentive for winning the major bowls... like I guess some preseason ranking advantage idk... but you would effectively make the major bowls even more meaningless so you would have to do something or treat those games like a hybrid of the BCS and Poll era.
I could deal with that, considering the way it’s been the last couple years with major bowl games!

I’m not even saying a 1 seed has to have home field....maybe the higher seed gets pick? Regardless, anything beats a couple thousand mile travel from the #1 seed’s campus... if they give the damn tickets away for free, most folks couldn’t even go with travel and lodging, making it more like the Super Bowl every year....

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
In terms of venues, NRG Stadium is far superior to ATT Stadium and I say that as a Texas resident who has watched numerous games in both venues. NRG has far better sight lines and acoustics. It is in a much more accessible location in terms of restaurants, hotel accommodations, and shopping. San Antonio is a great city for such a game although the stadium is not quite as nice or as large as either Houston or Arlington. A 3 city rotation in Texas would be great for all fans east or west.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I voted "Other" and would make the permanent locations to be rotated Nola, Dallas/Houston and Atlanta. Nothing else is needed until the Pac 12 steps it up. Nothing North of Dallas as Michigan, Mich St, ND and other Northern schools can't see to get it together either.

ETA: Las Vegas when it is done would be acceptable as you can fly there cheap and hotels are a-plenty so price gouging would hopefully not be an issue.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Here's some other thoughts for sites that I think fits my general model: Missouri (St. Louis or Kansas City), Chicago, Nashville, Washington DC/Virginia.

I think Chicago is a long bet but vaguely possible. Similar for Missouri since Kansas City is the only city with an actively used NFL stadium. I think anything above the Mason-Dixon will only be allowed if it is a dome. 4 out of the 5 conferences have no interest in sending their teams to a Snow Bowl.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Here's some other thoughts for sites that I think fits my general model: Missouri (St. Louis or Kansas City), Chicago, Nashville, Washington DC/Virginia.

I think Chicago is a long bet but vaguely possible. Similar for Missouri since Kansas City is the only city with an actively used NFL stadium. I think anything above the Mason-Dixon will only be allowed if it is a dome. 4 out of the 5 conferences have no interest in sending their teams to a Snow Bowl.
Have you ever been to Chicago in January? You do not want the CFPCG to be held there.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Have you ever been to Chicago in January? You do not want the CFPCG to be held there.
Like I said, I don't think either ultimately get a host site because they lack a dome but I think they fit the geographic model on the fringes of what is viable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.