AJC: Brent Keys to Georgia Tech to be OL Coach

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Great recruiter but I think we will be okay with the talent we have compiled with another good oline coach. Thanks coach for all you’ve done for the University!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
GT is his alma mater and he's probably going to get an assistant HC title. Not truly a lateral move. May even get a pay raise.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Whether his alma mater or not, this is a lateral move at best. Have to think Key was encouraged to explore opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Meh - must be a pay raise/higher position, or it’s a lateral move, momma or not.
Money would do it - not sure why that couldn’t/ wouldn’t be matched. Higher position, OTOH, that’s moving up the ladder.
NEXT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Being 100% honest it is hard for me to believe that Coach doesn't keep who Coach wants to keep. I do wish Coach Key the very best, but he is walking away from unprecedented success and that has to be tough.

Rtr

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Whether his alma mater or not, this is a lateral move at best. Have to think Key was encouraged to explore opportunities.

He had a Joe Moore Award finalist unit this year and I think the OL as been better under him than Cristobal. He was doing fine as a recruiter too. Just my observation of course...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He had a Joe Moore Award finalist unit this year and I think the OL as been better under him than Cristobal. He was doing fine as a recruiter too. Just my observation of course...
Cristobal won the Joe Moore Award his final year before being advised to look elsewhere, so that doesn’t matter to Saban.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
100% fine by me. Really hope we knock it out of the park with the replacement hire though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.