JessN: CLEMSON PREVIEW: Is this Tiger team more Clemson ’16 or Clemson ’17?

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Re: Clemson preview: Is this Tiger team more Clemson ’16 or Clemson ’17?

IDK, I just think people are giving Clemson way too much credit for what was a mostly weak schedule. I just have this feeling that Bama is going to shock a lot of people with their dominance. I think the defense that gave up 500+ yards to USCe is going to have a hard time slowing down this Bama offense. Maybe it's just my crimson glasses but, that's how I feel.
Looking at the relative strength of schedule, how ineffective the Notre Dame defense was over all, the previous Bama - Clemson games when Clemson had an NFL QB and Bama had practically no offense. I arrive at the same conclusion.

I don't understand how they prepare Trevor Lawrence to see the Alabama Defense after playing Notre Dame who I honestly believe would have been taken to the woodshed by UCF.

I may have on my crimson glasses as well but 2+2 says to me that there are way too many people wearing orange glasses!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Looking at the relative strength of schedule, how ineffective the Notre Dame defense was over all, the previous Bama - Clemson games when Clemson had an NFL QB and Bama had practically no offense. I arrive at the same conclusion.

I don't understand how they prepare Trevor Lawrence to see the Alabama Defense after playing Notre Dame who I honestly believe would have been taken to the woodshed by UCF.

I may have on my crimson glasses as well but 2+2 says to me that there are way too many people wearing orange glasses!
They have a great defense of their own to help them prepare for Alabama. Not that it is going to help. :biggrin:

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018

Great write up. Agree with everything but RB. Josh Jacobs is the best in the country and it’s about time he was recognized for it. For that reason alone we should have that advantage.
I don't agree with the RB assessment either. Damien Harris hasn't cracked the 900 mark because he hasn't run the ball as much.

The key to me is how well Clemson's QB plays versus our defense. One things for certain when it comes to breaking out of the pocket and extending plays he's no Kyler Murray.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

When two teams are evenly (or close to) matched, you give the advantage to the team with the better QB and nobody in CFB has been better than Tua.

I do believe Bama is slightly more talented and deeper than Clemson, but the Tigers are more than talented enough to beat Bama. My main question will be how will Clemson defend all the options Alabama has?

With that said, if Tua is on his game, I don't know how Clemson can stop Bama. This feels like a role-reversal to a couple of years ago when Clemson had Watson. Tua is playing the role of Watson and Lawrence is playing the role of Coker.

This is going to be one heck of a ride, so let's buckle up.

Bama 34
Clemson 27

This time Clemson will NOT be bailed out by illegal picks.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Easily the most puzzling breakdown I've seen, perhaps ever. I nearly quit reading after giving the RB category to Clemson, and should have. Clemson OL, Clemson DL, Clemson LB, and then you pick us to win by 10. Geez... I'm speechless.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Thanks, Jess. Good analysis. This will be one of those games that will be nerve-racking until the clock hits 0:00. I expect a stressful game and lots of Tums for me. :)
I hope not, but I'm afraid you might be right.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Our staff is doing all they can to get Christian Miller on the field. I believe he will play. How long he plays no one knows. So many different thoughts on the various match-ups. Our staff has prepared our players. Now they have to go execute and I pray those ugly and stupid mistakes from the last game stayed right there in Miami. Gotta have our A game tomorrow night. Roll Tide!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Easily the mostpuzzling breakdown I've seen, perhaps ever. I nearly quit reading after giving the RB category to Clemson, and should have. Clemson OL, Clemson DL, Clemson LB, and then you pick us to win by 10. Geez... I'm speechless.
Yep. It is a puzzler alright. But in the end you have to go with the intangibles which point directly at Nick Saban. I will take the ten and agree.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.