Question: Why do most people think Tua will go into the draft after next season?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm not certain conventional logic applies to Tua as much as it might for other players. I agree it's very likely he will go pro after next year, but he also seems the type to make decisions based on different factors than what we typically see.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I don’t get it? Cleveland will not pick anywhere near the first overall next year. They are poised for at least 8-8 next year. Probably in the hunt for the playoffs with a decent coach, they have amassed a ton of talent.
My point is that until now, Cleveland has been the place where QB careers go to die. In the last two decade, being drafted by the Browns is like the kiss of death. Tua can enter the draft in 2020 without worrying about going to Cleveland.

Ranking the Browns' 28 QBs since 1999 from worst to first

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'm not certain conventional logic applies to Tua as much as it might for other players. I agree it's very likely he will go pro after next year, but he also seems the type to make decisions based on different factors than what we typically see.
Like uprooting your entire family from Hawaii that’s steeped in Polynesian culture and moving to the Deep South to play fooseball :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'm really liking my chances at my dream scenario. Redskins desperately need a QB and can't afford to sign one because of all the money they owe Alex Smith (even though he might not ever play again). Unless they draft Haskins this year (I don't see happening but would be pretty excited about).

Plus they should be worse next year than they were this year.
Skins, Oakland (soon to be Vegas which is cool IMO), TB, Detroit, NY Giants, Jacksonville, Denver, Miami, Washington, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Carolina, and Green Bay, and Atlanta.

All of these can easily make a splash next year in the QB rich draft. I know Detroit, Carolina, Atlanta, GB and Pittsburgh have established QBs but all have mileage with Big Ben the most likely to retire soon. AR in GB and Andy Dalton have battled injuries and Red Ryder’s leash has to be really tight. These would be my dark horses and might have to trade for cap reasons. Of those left I’d say TB, NYG, Jacksonville, and Miami will be the most likely. The Skins likely won’t be able to wait until then but, like I said, this draft will be different in terms of generational difference makers that’ll be available. I could see teams going short term route and getting a placeholder at QB to get into position.

I just want to see a Bama QB going #1. That would be awesome!!!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
CNS has ALWAYS encouraged his players to go if they are a top end Rd 1 pick. This will not change. Love me some Tua but there is no chance he’ll play at Bama beyond next season. Let’s enjoy his wonderful historical talent while he’s still here!!! RTR

" Historical " indeed. IMVHO, the best we`ve had since 1958 when I first started watching/following/studying Alabama football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.