Tyran Matthieu Interview

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I’m sorry, but I Still dislike him and Most similar stories. Problems are real, mental illness is real, but also how we deal with them is real. I forgive mistakes, and he may now be a fine human being, I don’t know, I don’t care. He doesn’t need my forgiveness. His story is too similar to so many before, I think we give a pass because they are athletes and seem contrite. I wish him no ill will, but I wish him no success either.

I can relate. Wanting that acceptance. Wanting something like parents that other people have, needing that guidance. Yeah, his actual decisions did lead him to become something we don’t like, but when you don’t have that proper guidance to help you at a young age the probability of things going wrong are infinitely higher.

It’s sucks.

He’s an LSU Tiger though. So what![emoji12]

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Threads such as this are puzzling to me . . . . . How does it reside on this board? .Matthieu is not playing at Alabama or even at a collegiate level.

Padre is a fine contributor, nothing personal. . .

Thankfully our moderators deal with this sort of decision. It is confusing to my limited mind.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
spock - you need to pull that down as it breaks board rules.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Substitute Rolando McClain's name in this story for Tyran. Any compassion now???? Just curious!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
As to the article:

I hope he's able to come to peace with his life and his mother.

His fear of rejection may be a powerful motivator, but how much better might he be at peace with himself and determined to be the best? Fear gets in his way, no two ways about it.

I see no reason why this thread can't stay and anyone who doesn't like it is free to avoid the thread.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Threads such as this are puzzling to me . . . . . How does it reside on this board? .Matthieu is not playing at Alabama or even at a collegiate level.

Padre is a fine contributor, nothing personal. . .

Thankfully our moderators deal with this sort of decision. It is confusing to my limited mind.
Everyone is nervous and looking for any distraction with the game still more than two days off. It doesn't hurt to go a little off-topic. He's of some interest to many Bama fans, simply because of the LSU rivalry...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He sure got rejected by Alabama! He was about as effective as Teo's girlfriend!
That's not really fair. He was great for LSU, including in Alabama games. The only time that I remember him being beat is in the BCSCG, and AJ was throwing perfect passes that day. No DB was stopping Alabama on that day.

There are a lot of things that I don't like about TM, but considering his size, he made far more out of his potential than most would have imagined possible.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
He sure got rejected by Alabama! He was about as effective as Teo's girlfriend!
He certainly got his hat handed to him by Alabama. I love that happening on the field.

I try to seperate "on the field" from the human beings playing the game. I wish the best for anyone in life even if I wish them dismal failure against my Crimson Tide.

I reserve my ill wishes for genuinely bad people. (not saying that you do any differently)

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
That's not really fair. He was great for LSU, including in Alabama games. The only time that I remember him being beat is in the BCSCG, and AJ was throwing perfect passes that day. No DB was stopping Alabama on that day.

There are a lot of things that I don't like about TM, but considering his size, he made far more out of his potential than most would have imagined possible.
I have no obligation to be fair to L8U players, and respectfully, you contridicted yourself. I will be more specific. In the BCSCG, when AJ was throwing perfect passes, the Honey Beaver was about as effective as Teo's girlfriend. Better? :cool:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have no obligation to be fair to L8U players, and respectfully, you contridicted yourself. I will be more specific. In the BCSCG, when AJ was throwing perfect passes, the Honey Beaver was about as effective as Teo's girlfriend. Better? :cool:
You realize that he played against Alabama a few other times, right? :p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.