Game Thread: Kentucky @ Alabama (ESPN)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sorry about the last two minutes, guys. I got home and started watching. That’s when things got weird.

What an exciting win, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I developed ulcers in the last minute of that game watching us nearly give it away (with help from the officials). Glad to get the win! Huge win for CAJ.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Will say it’s sad Colton Houston had to stand up from the bench and tell the crowd to stand make noise after Perry’s made free throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Now if the team can work on inbounding the ball against a hard press late in the game.

Has Bama turned a corner this season taking into account the last couple of games along with this one? Played pretty well throughout most of the game

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Funny how they call fouls so quick when Kentucky needs one called
Officiating disadvantage against UK has been so thoroughly lamented, that it's a moot point for me by now. They're the only team in the league that can get "road-cooking", and any team would have to be at least 12 points better than them in Rupp to eek out a 3-point win. You have to expect it.

What infuriates me as a Bama fan is our mental weakness/timidness trying to close out a big win. You can see them glance at the scoreboard with an "Oh God, we're about to beat a good team" look like a deer staring into headlights.

Our decisions in the last few minutes were ultimately what decided that this wouldn't be at least a three possession win and would turn into a prayer that UK would miss an open three at the buzzer.

It's a hump I'm not sure we'll ever get over. I'm super glad for the win, but this could've been an attention getter with a confident last three minutes.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Whew, getting this game to the finish line was exhausting!! First place in the conference (you have to celebrate that when you can), and no UK lurking further down the schedule, ha!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
The officiating in the last minute was questionable. Someone might ask the zebras if they were disappointed in the score?

Rtr

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Looks like the key to beating UK is for my stinking U-verse to go down.

You are welcome........................

At least I did not have to sit through what appeared to be the last 2 minutes of UK doing whatever it pleased, and the refs looking the other way. (Why that part surprises me................well, it really doesn't. Not anymore. Just annoying as all get-out.)

RTR!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
CAJ said right after the game on the SECN this was his best offensive team he has had at Bama and the defense is behind. I think once the defense catches up we can be a dangerous team. As I type this I am dreading going to Baton Rouge for our first league road game on Tuesday. The SEC is going to be a tough league this year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Looks like the key to beating UK is for my stinking U-verse to go down.

You are welcome........................

At least I did not have to sit through what appeared to be the last 2 minutes of UK doing whatever it pleased, and the refs looking the other way. (Why that part surprises me................well, it really doesn't. Not anymore. Just annoying as all get-out.)

RTR!
The refs were part of it but we made some bad plays also to let them back in the game.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hey hey....congratulations! I watched some of the first half and it was quite a game but had to get some work done and just now got back home.

Great way to start off conference play!!! :p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.