Who starts if Miller can't go?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Mosley would be my guess, with Anoma and Moses getting some snaps over there.

Rolltidewill92

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 11, 2018
Could be Benton - they both have seen similar playing time this year.
I'm hoping Benton honestly, he played high school ball 45 minutes away from where I live now so he has a hometown feel for me. Same for Jennings, he's from about 45 the other way.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
I think I read Moses has been getting snaps at outside backer, I guess McMillan would cover his spot?
My guess is you'll see Wilson and Moses as the ILBs when we're in nickel, with Ray/Anoma filling Miller's spot in passing situations, Mosley on the other downs. In dime, I think you'll see Wilson at LB and Moses dropping down to fill Miller's spot.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd rather not have Ray out there when they can get him matched up on a H-B that comes across the LOS or isolated on the QB on a zone read. Anoma if he is ready to go would be the athletic matchup for those situations but a big liability on the run right now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'd rather not have Ray out there when they can get him matched up on a H-B that comes across the LOS or isolated on the QB on a zone read. Anoma if he is ready to go would be the athletic matchup for those situations but a big liability on the run right now.
Yeah, Anoma has a tough time holding the edge on run plays. He is awesome as a pass rusher, though. Same with Moses. Mosley can hold the edge, but is not as good a pass rusher.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Guys, Miller is going to play, he just might not be able to play as many snaps as you are used to seeing him. This is his last game. He is going to play.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hope you are right but I don't see it happening. If he does he won't be effective IMO.
Hamstrings are too difficult to predict. Just no way to know until he gives it 100% on a play. So he will probably give it a go, and then we will all find out.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban isn't really deceptive with the media. So I take him at his word when he says Miller has not participated a ton which historically means he's a no-go if he doesn't participate fully today.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Guys, Miller is going to play, he just might not be able to play as many snaps as you are used to seeing him. This is his last game. He is going to play.
I hope we can get some quality snaps out of him. I know he'll give it everything he's got to get out there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.