Recruiting Update After the AllStar Games

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
It looks like we will get to 29, which means five more signees to what we have. Don’t know how, just that’s what is being said.

Banks was a surprise in the fact that he signed back in December but we kept it private so he could announce at the allstar game. So, we are at 24 signees.

Commits-4
Bogle
Robinson
Young
Williams

Many have long said Williams won’t be in this class, so I’m assuming we are at 3 commits, for all intents and purposes.

I expect Young to stick even though he will take visits.

Robinson has been quiet since Locksley left, but he is a priority.

Who’s left?

Sophser- for the past month he has hammered the idea of he and his brother playing together. LSU is the only school offering that. If this is true, he won’t be at Bama. Previous info said Bama led. So we will see.

T’oto’o- appears Bama is in great shape. Not getting Dean helped and our ILB depth is a plus.

Pickering- we are recruiting and he legit likes Bama but I don’t think he can tell MSU no.

Fuller- FSU commit scheduled to visit but def a backup plan to Young and Sophser.

Definitely out: Pola-Gates, Dent, Pickens

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
What a class. Ok, for the last five spots my revised wish list to finish:

Bogle
Robinson
Young
Sophser / Pickering
T’oto’o

Man, that would be something.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I feel like how hard the staff goes after sophser depends how much ground they can make up with Pickering and fuller. Have to get at least one more inside guy in this class and hold into young.

My take is:
Young
Fuller
Bogle
pickering or sophser
To'oto'o

Coin flip on keeping Robinson

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I feel like how hard the staff goes after sophser depends how much ground they can make up with Pickering and fuller. Have to get at least one more inside guy in this class and hold into young.

My take is:
Young
Fuller
Bogle
pickering or sophser
To'oto'o

Coin flip on keeping Robinson
Considering the uncertainty ( I guess? ) surrounding Sopsher and I think other factors apparently from the all star experiences, Young`s a VERY significant commitment. I would expect he`ll continue to be recruited as though he`s uncertain as a signee.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
247Sports has Bama at 28 commits. How many more can you sign? You guys have landed 24 4*'s that's remarkable!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The numbers game was already going to be tight, but the players coming back for their senior year is going to make it even more of issue than already expected.

And yes, I know only Saban truly knows the number of scholarship players. Just an observation.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The numbers game was already going to be tight, but the players coming back for their senior year is going to make it even more of issue than already expected.

And yes, I know only Saban truly knows the number of scholarship players. Just an observation.
Agreed. They had to think Raekwon was gone. They probably thought Diggs would stay. I think about half way through the season they knew Q and Josh were gone so they had planned for it late in the process. If Mack decides to stay that will make the numbers even tighter. Who else do we think may stay?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Agreed. They had to think Raekwon was gone. They probably thought Diggs would stay. I think about half way through the season they knew Q and Josh were gone so they had planned for it late in the process. If Mack decides to stay that will make the numbers even tighter. Who else do we think may stay?
I have a running list of guys and include the signed recruits. Since no one has officially declared, the number is 95. That includes Jalen, Jonah, Josh, Keaton and Q, though. Maybe some other guys leave on their own? Who knows.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
It looks like we will get to 29, which means five more signees to what we have. Don’t know how, just that’s what is being said.

Banks was a surprise in the fact that he signed back in December but we kept it private so he could announce at the allstar game. So, we are at 24 signees.
I saw somewhere that a couple of our signees may or may not be assigned an athletic scholly. If that were the case, could we be in the hunt for up to 7 more studs to T-Town?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.