Appreciate Saban (even more) article

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think it is his best coaching job. But these things require something to etch them into stone. I think that 2016 was one of our all-time best defenses but it will never be recognized as such generations from now because the offense let them down in the 2nd half of the national title game. For this to be recognized for what it has been for Saban as a head coach, the players need to finish the job on the field.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Last night I was thinking about the game Monday night. I thought about how many games as an Alabama fan I’ve experienced. The first full season I remember is 1966 (as a six year old). I remember Coach Bryant’s struggles in ‘69 & ‘70; the move to wishbone in ‘71 and the decade of excellence that followed. Yet, in that period winning almost every game, we never experienced anything like this.

Alabama has won 5 NC’s in 9 years and Monday night the opportunity to go for 6 in 10 years. Just let that sink in.

Today I am grateful. I’m grateful to have been a fan during this historic period and witnessed excellence. I’m grateful that the late Mal Moore said “I’m making a run at Saban one more time”. I’m thankful Ms. Terry knew where Nick’s heart was, and pointed him our way. And I’m am grateful, so very thankful for CNS, the program he continues to be build, the process he established, and the lives he changes everyday.

Tomorrow night I’ll watch the game by myself in a hotel room in Detroit. And I’ll live and die with every play. I’ll scream and cheer with every Bama big play, and cuss and fuss with every bad one...from the first whistle until the last.
But tomorrow night, no matter what side of the score Coach Saban and Alabama come out on, I will be grateful. Because, what we have witnessed in the Saban era at Alabama, in my opinion, will never be matched.

RTR

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Last night I was thinking about the game Monday night. I thought about how many games as an Alabama fan I’ve experienced. The first full season I remember is 1966 (as a six year old). I remember Coach Bryant’s struggles in ‘69 & ‘70; the move to wishbone in ‘71 and the decade of excellence that followed. Yet, in that period winning almost every game, we never experienced anything like this.

Alabama has won 5 NC’s in 9 years and Monday night the opportunity to go for 6 in 10 years. Just let that sink.

Today I am grateful. I’m grateful to have been a fan during this historic period and witnessed excellence. I’m grateful that the late Mal Moore said “I’m making a run at Saban one more time”. I’m thankful Ms. Terry knew where Nick’s heart was, and pointed him our way. And I’m am grateful, so very thankful for CNS, the program he continues to be build, the process he established, and the lives he changes everyday.

Tomorrow night I’ll watch the game by myself in a hotel room in Detroit. And I’ll live and die with every play. I’ll scream and cheer with every Bama big play, and cuss and fuss with every bad one...from the first whistle until the last.
But tomorrow night, no matter what side of the score Coach Saban and Alabama come out on, I will be grateful. Because, what we have witnessed in the Saban era at Alabama, in my opinion, will never be matched.

RTR
Great post. Saban has been a blessing for UA and the fans. I REALLY want him to win this one tomorrow night though.. breaking Bear Bryant's record. It would be amazing with all the coaching changes, players leaving early for NFL, injuries, the Jalen/Tua story, etc.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Alabama has won 5 NC’s in 9 years and Monday night the opportunity to go for 6 in 10 years. Just let that sink.

RTR
I'm older, of course, having been on campus when Coach Bryant returned. While no one enjoys being my age (if they tell you they are, they're lying), I feel enormously privileged to have been able to watch both regimes. Occasionally, my thoughts turn to my friends who've passed on and who were tremendous fans and pity that they didn't get to see this one...

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
To say we’re blessed as a fan base might be the understatement of the century. For his own peace of mind, I hope when CNS hangs up his whistle he’ll be able to appreciate what he’s accomplished. It will never be duplicated (then again, I said that in 1981!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Islander

1st Team
Jul 18, 2008
Hoover or Dauphin Island
I'm older, of course, having been on campus when Coach Bryant returned. While no one enjoys being my age (if they tell you they are, they're lying), I feel enormously privileged to have been able to watch both regimes. Occasionally, my thoughts turn to my friends who've passed on and who were tremendous fans and pity that they didn't get to see this one...
From Coach Whitworth to Coach Saban has been one hell of a ride. It has been filled with every emotion known to man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.