For those that say the SEC doesn't play tough enough schedules

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Every now and then I hear some propaganda about the number of conference games the SEC plays (a ploy to try to push the SEC's SoS into suicidal territory). This overlooks the fact that the SEC is the toughest conference in college football, and that they didn't soften things up with the likes of Rutgers and Maryland.

Anyway, here's a picture showing the toughest schedules in college football over the past 10 years. For the record, Arkansas is #1, Auburn is #2, and Alabama is #3 (the reason the other two are ranked higher is because they have to play Alabama). The SEC places 10 in the top 21. That's ten schools ranked above playoff contenders like Clemson, Washington, Baylor, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

At this point anyone who complains about Alabama or the SEC's schedules in generally is either willfully ignorant, or simply an idiot.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Every now and then I hear some propaganda about the number of conference games the SEC plays (a ploy to try to push the SEC's SoS into suicidal territory). This overlooks the fact that the SEC is the toughest conference in college football, and that they didn't soften things up with the likes of Rutgers and Maryland.

Anyway, here's a picture showing the toughest schedules in college football over the past 10 years. For the record, Arkansas is #1, Auburn is #2, and Alabama is #3 (the reason the other two are ranked higher is because they have to play Alabama). The SEC places 10 in the top 21. That's ten schools ranked above playoff contenders like Clemson, Washington, Baylor, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

At this point anyone who complains about Alabama or the SEC's schedules in generally is either willfully ignorant, or simply an idiot.
Or perhaps both... :smile:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

In other words UCF fans.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

SEC privilege thinking! Those rankings are biased ! No wonder UCF is suing! Do I need blue font?

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.

My only complaint about SEC schedules is the games against FCS schools. SEC teams should not be playing these games - especially in mid to late November. If you are going to play them, at least play them in early September.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
My only complaint about SEC schedules is the games against FCS schools. SEC teams should not be playing these games
So, Alabama, Arkansas and Auburn all play FCS schools yet still have the toughest schedules in the nation. Is the argument that they should make the gap even wider? Like, ok... I know you guys are already playing tougher schedules than anyone else, but this really has to stop, it needs to be even tougher...

I find it hard to make sense of that argument, it's the other schools that need to improve their schedules.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Okay -- take the FCS teams out.

Who is lining up to play us? If you sub out the FCS for another Sunbelt -- the whiners will still say "cupcake" -- if you sub out the FCS for a CUSA team, the whiners will STILL say "cupcake"....

And if I'm a P5 school - I sure as Hell aint scheduling Bama...... why? To get beat up and a sure loss?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
back up that the schedules are hard and not the result of some SEC bias is how the NFL evaluates the level of talent in the SEC. It's really not even close when viewed over time...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
My only complaint about SEC schedules is the games against FCS schools. SEC teams should not be playing these games - especially in mid to late November. If you are going to play them, at least play them in early September.
I've never understood this complaint. What is the difference in playing them in September vs. November?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Okay -- take the FCS teams out.

Who is lining up to play us? If you sub out the FCS for another Sunbelt -- the whiners will still say "cupcake" -- if you sub out the FCS for a CUSA team, the whiners will STILL say "cupcake"....

And if I'm a P5 school - I sure as Hell aint scheduling Bama...... why? To get beat up and a sure loss?
Folks don't want to schedule a 'L'.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If we push the FCS game back to September then we finish with LSU, MSU, auburn and the conference championship games on 4 consecutive weekends.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If we push the FCS team to September then we finish with LSU, MSU, auburn and the conference championship games on 4 consecutive weekends.
Unless the SEC is willing to move some of those games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.