Tonight’s concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Staying awake, then trying to go to sleep then getting up for work in the morning :biggrin2:

Last edited:

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
My concerns for the game:

1. Trevor Lawrence will have game-of-his-life where just everything goes right for him, like Steven Garcia in 2010 (amongst a handful of others)
2. That we will have nervous mistakes for the much of the first half (like the Georgia game)
3. We will have something that works that we inexplicably go away from (when the running game worked so well against OU in the Sugar bowl with Derrick Henry and we just stopped with him).

Edit:

4. The refs calls won't be consistent between us and them.

Last edited:

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
No concerns. But, as someone else said, the keys are giving Tua time to throw and getting pressure on Lawrence. If we do that, we'll win by a healthy margin.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
My concern is basically preventing Tua from taking too many hits because we'll need him in the 4th quarter. We need to get more pressure on Lawrence than they get on Tua. I think if that happens we can rattle Lawrence a bit and force a turnover. On defense our guys need to stay disciplined because sometimes they lose their cool and commit dumb penalties.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
1) Refs - How they call PI considering field conditions, Clemson big receivers, and lawrence under throws.
2) Q - if slop field, will he be as quick of ball? We need inside push.
How PI called is a big deal when playing Clemson. They like to get physical on both sides of the ball with DBs and WRs. Venables safeties and corners will push the limits on PI, taking as much as the refs allow. In 2017 game (2016 season) the refs pretty much ate their whistles on PI. Clemson coaching staff picked up on that early and pushed the limits all game. Some call that dirty, but in truth it was just good coaching.

Maxbama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2012
Crossville, TN
Here's hoping Bama comes out and plays the best game of the SEASON! I was going to say the YEAR, but this will be the 1st game this YEAR!

My concerns:

1. Their QB
2. Their Wrs especially Hunter Rentfro (sp) (someone needs to stick to him like glue!) and that RB
3. Their DL
4. Having to see that ORANDE color on the field and in the stands
5. Heart failure from watching 60+ years of Alabama Crimson Tide football. This is like the BIGGEST game EVER, since it's the NEXT one.
6. That field. Was it Tim Tebow who said it's in BAD condition?
7. Turnovers
8. Field goal attempts
9. Punting
10. Fielding punts
11. Dumb penalties
12. Weather
Dang! Maybe you should just tape the game and decide if you want to watch it later. :)

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
If our O-line can protect Tua and give him time to throw we will hit some big plays and further loosen them up for Jacobs, D. Harris, and N. Harris.

As far as Lawrence goes, he presents some challenges for sure, but if we get pressure on him and hit him solidly I like our chances on defense. He can move but he is nowhere near the scrambling threat of Kyler Murray. He may be stronger than he looks, because he appears that if any of our D-lineman hit him hard enough he will break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
1) How does the Alabama defense handle Clemson's offensive tempo? I feel like Clemson will try to run a ton of plays like they did in 2016. Of course, if Alabama can sustain long drives on offense, that'll help the defense out a ton.

2) How does the special teams adjust to the winds inside the stadium? Winds tend to swirl a bit inside Levi's Stadium, much like they did at Candlestick.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I think we will see just how good Trevor is. I'm not convinced of it. Yes, I think he is good, but look at his competition. We will see.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think it's time to shut this down. It seems to have the potential to become an eyeore harbor and it will conflict with the game thread. Anyway, it's been beaten to death...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.