Tonight’s concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
My biggest concern is the secondary.

1. To many busted coverages last week. Allowing big plays.

2. DBs has two passes off their hands that were not intercepted.

3. Who is gonna cover Hunter Refrow.

That’s my main concerns for tonight.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
My biggest concerns/keys are

1. Protecting Tua

2. Getting consistent pressure on Lawrence (Edit: Great sounds like Miller is doubtful at best per Cecil)

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
My biggest concern is the secondary.

1. To many busted coverages last week. Allowing big plays. I don't think we had too many busted coverages...Maybe I missed something. Murray was that good.... with his passing and his running.

2. DBs has two passes off their hands that were not intercepted. I think it was 3?

3. Who is gonna cover Hunter Refrow. Carter perfect guy to cover Refrow

That’s my main concerns for tonight.
See above

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
My Top 5 concerns for tonight's game.

1. The LB group (Wilson, Mosley, Moses, Jennings) how they will handle Clemson OL and their RBs. Can Mack get off the block and hit the right gaps? Can Moses be effective when he moves to ILB on certain situation? Can Mosley be effective in limited role tonight?

2. Can Double Harris and Jacob get things going in the running game against a very good Clemson DL? It depends on our LG, Cotton.

3. Will Clemson go after Sustain like Sooner did with Lamb? I think they will test that with Ross. If Alabama was smart, they will switch things up.

4. Can we get off the field on 3rd downs? That's the part that concerns me the most.

5. Missed opportunities on both side of the ball for Alabama.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Re: Tonight’s concern

My biggest concern is getting tired on Dline, we don’t rotate the numbers that we have in years past. Now have to include linebackers in that as well.

Also concerned with the layoff, very little game speed recently, getting confused in the back end like in the Georgia games and the Auburn games. Need to just play instead of think. Dabo is Smart, he saw the confusion and will try to do things to create some confusion , just hope we respond.

On offense, my concern is the oline blocking their Dline.
Against some good defensive lines, our offensive line did well, against Miss state a good defensive line, not so well. Against Georgia, a mediocre defensive line, they did things that confused the offensive line and created pressure. Ross needs to do a good job of recognizing defensive stunts and calling out blocking assignments.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

My biggest concerns are:
1: Injures
2: The field (see #1)
3: The kicking game

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

In all honesty, #1 is uncharacteristic turnovers. This game just has the feel that if we end every drive with a kick, we win by more than 1 score..... as long as the field isn't coming up in chunks.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I don't think the team can play much worse than they did against OU or Georgia. All they've got to do is clean up mental mistakes, play sharp, and keep their head in the game and we'll all be smoking victory cigars about 10:30 tonight.

Bama's big advantage IMO is at QB and receivers. Tua is going to get his. The freshman QB for Clemson is going to get rattled early so I expect Bama to score first and never look back.

There's no position on the field where we don't match up with these guys. It'll be the toughest game this year, but I think Bama wins by 14+.

I'll be more concerned if a key player gets hurt of there is a monsoon negating the passing game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Not getting thrown out of my hotel when celebrating all of those Alabama TDs!

Roll Tide!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

1. Worry about their height advantage at WR. TL will definitely throw some jump balls which can be real trouble -- ask Texas A&M.
2. Worry about field condition.
3. Worry a little bit that their easy end of the season vs. our very difficult one sees us wearing down a bit by the end of the 4th quarter.

Truth be told, though, I'd lots rather have our team than theirs and our coach than theirs for tonight's game.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
My concerns for tonight:

1. Mrs. ff4bama's relatives from central Florida are visiting, and I'll have to watch the game with them. Do I have enough beer? Do I have enough Tums?

2. Is Hunter Renfrowe getting enough calcium in his diet? I understand that hip problems can be very nasty for the elderly.

3. Are there enough grief counselors in South Carolina to comfort the Clemson faithful when the Tigers lose to Bama again?

Here's to an injury-free, hard-fought football game! Roll Tide, here comes #18!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Turnovers and penalties.

This is very probably the best offense in Alabama football history. Every time I begin to get worried about this game I remind myself of that.

rtr

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Keeping Tua healthy......

That's it --- if he stays Healthy (enough) it's a 2TD game.....minimum

I think we will see a lot of 2 RB and 2 TE sets tonight. Extra blockers to keep Tua clean.....

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Hoping my mom used the right BBQ sauce for the Pork Roast they have in the crock pot.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

I don't think the team can play much worse than they did against OU or Georgia. All they've got to do is clean up mental mistakes, play sharp, and keep their head in the game and we'll all be smoking victory cigars about 10:30 tonight.

Bama's big advantage IMO is at QB and receivers. Tua is going to get his. The freshman QB for Clemson is going to get rattled early so I expect Bama to score first and never look back.

There's no position on the field where we don't match up with these guys. It'll be the toughest game this year, but I think Bama wins by 14+.

I'll be more concerned if a key player gets hurt of there is a monsoon negating the passing game.
I thought they played very well for most of the OU game. Yes, could have been worse. We could have lost 45 to 34.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005

My biggest concern is Clelin Ferrell. He isn't too far behind Quinnen Williams in terms of being disruptive on the line, and the interior pash rush is where Tua has had the most problems. Also, those Clemson linemen are good about getting their hands up. Combine that with Tua's size and the fact he has a sort-of 3/4 sidearm throw and that could lead to several knockdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.