Staying Calm During Stressful Games

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If someone asks me am I alright one more time I am going to lose it.
I am getting that too. I have told everyone that I am busy. I am actually not that busy, I just wish to not discuss this game with nonBama fans. They seem almost giddy about it even though they claim to hate clempson and Dabo. I am not a trash talker or a jerk fan, but they all have this big grin and want to talk about it. These people never want to talk when Bama wins.

That's the thing that gets me. I would like to try to do that, but I would do it every weekend. It would get old.
I am getting that too. I have told everyone that I am busy. I am actually not that busy, I just wish to not discuss this game with nonBama fans. They seem almost giddy about it even though they claim to hate clempson and Dabo. I am not a trash talker or a jerk fan, but they all have this big grin and want to talk about it. These people never want to talk when Bama wins.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I was interested in how many folks said they just stop watching if things get dicey. I wanted to stop watching last night, but for some reason felt obliged to stick it out. I did use the mute button when things got out of hand and that helped.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
There are 3 versions of me during a game when watching at my place.

1. Blowout – I am sitting in my recliner with the foot prop up, sometimes even laying back, only standing when going to the restroom or fridge. I talk/joke during sometimes during commercials I will change the channel to see other games scores.
2. Closer than expected - Edge of my seat, still in the recliner but the foot prop is down. Occasionally discussing a particular play! No changing of the channel until I am satisfied.
3. Trailing or nail biter – standing, pacing, cussing. THERE IS NO TALKING OF OTHER PEOPLE! The channel never gets changed, if you change the channel, I will make you leave.
So, what were you doing last night during that REVERSE blow-out? Is there a Version IV? I'm assuming that Version 1 is an Alabama winning blow-out. How about a REVERSE blow-out? My only concern with Clemson inching down the field with 1 first down followed by another and another and another for 10+ minutes: would Daba go for 50+ to place the nail in the coffin?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I was interested in how many folks said they just stop watching if things get dicey. I wanted to stop watching last night, but for some reason felt obliged to stick it out. I did use the mute button when things got out of hand and that helped.
I watched the game until the end, hoping we could score 5 for 6 TD's in less than a minute. But we NEVER got the ball back. I was DVRing the game. After it was over, I deleted the LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson games. There's NO WAY I wanted to EVER see last night's game again. Even if I were Coach Saban, I don't think that I'd watch that again until next year prior to that NCCG, if we're playing them. Then I'd show it to the Alabama team to emphasize how depressing LOSING can be and how EMBARRASSING losing a Blow-out can be!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I want to thank the makers of Jack Daniels and Fireball. They probably kept me from stroking out last night.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I now learned of a 4th version. I sit in disbelief and shake my head. I never raised my voice or cussed. I just sat there. According to my friends, that is when you should be scared of me. When I am yelling and cussing, I am just blowing off steam. When I am quiet, I am too angry for words and say the wrong thing and you may go over the balcony.
So, what were you doing last night during that REVERSE blow-out? Is there a Version IV? I'm assuming that Version 1 is an Alabama winning blow-out. How about a REVERSE blow-out? My only concern with Clemson inching down the field with 1 first down followed by another and another and another for 10+ minutes: would Daba go for 50+ to place the nail in the coffin?
I replied to my own post.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.