Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
To me the defensive game plan was the most frustrating. We had to know we couldn't cover Clemson's receivers, but declined to get creative bringing pressure. The end result is Lawrence had a clean pocket most of the night and picked us apart.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
As I said way above, I had concerns with both coordinators, but especially on the defensive side. I think it showed last night. We needed some plays we didn't have in our repertoire last night, not to mention adjustments in how we were running what we had, on both sides of the ball...
Earle, This is my same thoughts as well. I'm very concerned about our coaching on defensive side. We had young players, young coaches.... and that translated into mixed results on the field. If we can find someone who can help Tosh with playcalling... someone who is more experienced... A 10th coach will help Tosh/Peter develop better in offseason.

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
We got destroyed, no excuses. First time in a long time I have seen us get beat like that. Clemson’s game plan and scheme was far superior to ours. Combine that with the fact their offensive line completely dominated our line all game with the fact their QB was playing a great game and you have Clemson scoring ample points. Also Tua was completely fooled on his two interceptions. Similar to what Georgia did to him disguising coverages. He makes a lot of wow throws, but he does get too greedy at times and it costs him.

Offensively, I thought we were doing good early, but did not score enough when we reached the redzone. Our secondary played very poorly. Our linebackers played poorly. Our defensive line did not play great either. Too many times their offense motioned and completely confused us leaving guys running wide open. Justyn Ross is a freak and is hard to stop even when you have him covered. All around just a great game by Clemson and hats off to them.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
To me the defensive game plan was the most frustrating. We had to know we couldn't cover Clemson's receivers, but declined to get creative bringing pressure. The end result is Lawrence had a clean pocket most of the night and picked us apart.
yeah, venables attacked tua and we sat back and didn't seem to do anything but sit back and let the plays come to us

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Man, I feel beat up this morning. I rather a close loss than to get dominated like that. A lot of that stuff had to do with what Alabama did or didn't do, but man Clemson executed to perfection last night. I'm not ready to say the dynasty is over though. One has to think though, what if this is the end.

Man, I can't stand any "Tiger" teams.
I used to say I would rather lose in a blowout than in a close game. I was wrong, this is way worse. I have had 2 people already come to my desk to offer sympathies and I just said "nope, talk to me tomorrow".

I used to say I would rather lose in a blowout than in a close game. I was wrong, this is way worse. I have had 2 people already come to my desk to offer sympathies and I just said "nope, talk to me tomorrow".
Yep, I am in the same boat. I don't want to talk to anyone. I may even tip out early today. The sad thing today is I have to see EVERYONE. Worst day of 2019 coming up.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I understand keeping Tua in the game, but at the same time I wonder how tempted Saban was to give Jalen a shot coming out of halftime, or early in the third quarter, while the game was still in question. To my untrained eye, it looked like our passing game was off while the running game was killing it.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
I was put off by Coach Saban's attitude at halftime last night when he said Clemson was just doing copy cat stuff and we'll go in at halftime and fix it. He just totally dismissed the fact Bama was being outcoached and outplayed. I was very surprised by that attitude. It seems like he has a blind spot when it comes to Clemson. Hope he figures it out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This sucks, but I did wake up today. Live is going to continue.

As Earle said, the worry of Tosh at DC finally caught up to us. Took him 15 games to have this teaching moment, and it was brutal.

Saw this tweet from Chris Owens. As bad as the fake field goal call was, there might have been a reason they still ran it with Clemson in FG safe.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1082542869066346496

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think what stood out was that this defense without Diggs and Lewis was “just the best Big XII defense”. All the offenses with a pulse hung 28+ on us.

I think next year could be pretty rough unless we get some bounces our way. aTm is probably going to be the toughest game in the West, and UGA and UF in the east could be a war.

If we get to the playoffs then we will most likely meet Clemson again. If so we are going to have to solve the question of how to beat Trevor Lawrence. I think also the best defensive mind doesn’t reside in Tuscaloosa, or the SEC it resides in Clemson South Carolina. Brent Venerables has made our offense look bad 3 years in a row.

This game might be a sign of a reawakening or the death of a dynasty. But one thing is for sure, to win a NC you have to beat Clemson.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
We needed a slice of humble pie, but we didn't need to whole pie. That said, hats off to Dabo and his staff. They played their best game in 100 years and we played our worst under Saban. Lots to learn after this game but we are poised to be there again next year. Time to bury this season and get ready for 2019!! Roll Tide, y'all!!

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
The last time we lost by more than 16 points was to a Saban coached team or at least that's what gmac said during half time.
Yes, I was there in 2003. Like Cecil's posted Tweet above, you have to go back to the Nashville Ice Bowl in 1998 to get to something like this which was a couple months after Arkansas game I referenced. Doesn't happen often, thankfully.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Wondering if the decision to put Moses in Miller's spot at times was a mistake. While he has the speed to do it, he's been the better ILB this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.