Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

Huskyfan91

Jan 7, 2019
Hey first post here on the forums, and am not really a fan of either team but still respect Bama more for playing in the SEC. Clemson's toughest game all year was at Texas A&M, 28-26.
As for the game, from what I saw they got too far behind and started to panic a bit and throw when they should have run. I remember a 3rd and 4 in the red zone and they tried to pass both times. Got a little bit too cute when all 3 Rb's were averaging 5 yards a carry. Just how I saw things from a non-biased perspective.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Hey first post here on the forums, and am not really a fan of either team but still respect Bama more for playing in the SEC. Clemson's toughest game all year was at Texas A&M, 28-26.
As for the game, from what I saw they got too far behind and started to panic a bit and throw when they should have run. I remember a 3rd and 4 in the red zone and they tried to pass both times. Got a little bit too cute when all 3 Rb's were averaging 5 yards a carry. Just how I saw things from a non-biased perspective.
Alabama definitely got too cute and got away from what brought them there.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The funny thing is all the post-game whining here about who we had to play.

Not one person here would be complaining about it if we had won Monday night, and this is the reality.

The champion has to beat the teams put in their way. Clemson did, and we didn't.

It's really that simple and any other hand wringing about who "got the easy draw" is nothing but whining.

The right four teams made the playoffs, and the team that won the national title went 15-0 and had only one close game. Like it or not, there is a strong argument for Clemson's 2018 team as the best CFB team of all-time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Not one person here would be complaining about it if we had won Monday night, and this is the reality.

The champion has to beat the teams put in their way. Clemson did, and we didn't.

It's really that simple and any other hand wringing about who "got the easy draw" is nothing but whining.

The right four teams made the playoffs, and the team that won the national title went 15-0 and had only one close game. Like it or not, there is a strong argument for Clemson's 2018 team as the best CFB team of all-time.
Ahh yes... explaining why the Alabama players were probably more tired than Clemson players is whining.

This is why some of us can’t discuss a loss. Others decide whatever is mentioned is “whining” or “excuse making.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
we have lacked mean football players for 2-3 years now. Give me some Jonathan Allen, Q Dial, R Anderson, Ashawn Robinson, Upshaw etc. Need some mean SOBs

There was a player with ear lobe missing still on field.. forget his name

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

All of this was being discussed before the game..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

No I complained before and after the Oklahoma game was played.

And if you want to crown Clemson best of all time, you go right ahead. But you don't believe it anymore than I do.

Huskyfan91

Jan 7, 2019
I remember that '95 Nebraska team and what they did to a very good Florida team who I just KNEW was going to win that game. I made the mistake of not paying attention to what they had been doing all year. And after looking at what Clemson has done this year, it is similar but really not comparable as far as the overall talent on that Cornhusker team. They scored over 70 twice and the closest game they had was a 14 point win. Sure there were other great teams, and some of them Alabama ones under Bear Bryant, who I would say were maybe even as good as this Clemson team, overall. The problem now is in the style of play, with much of the offensive play-calling and "schemes" done with a lot of smoke and mirrors and out-smarting the Defensive coordinator's strategies. Almost like running trick plays which nowadays are accepted as the norm, even in college ball. Probably started with the wide open Big 12 style and has carried over even to the SEC.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I remember that '95 Nebraska team and what they did to a very good Florida team who I just KNEW was going to win that game. I made the mistake of not paying attention to what they had been doing all year. And after looking at what Clemson has done this year, it is similar but really not comparable as far as the overall talent on that Cornhusker team. They scored over 70 twice and the closest game they had was a 14 point win. Sure there were other great teams, and some of them Alabama ones under Bear Bryant, who I would say were maybe even as good as this Clemson team, overall. The problem now is in the style of play, with much of the offensive play-calling and "schemes" done with a lot of smoke and mirrors and out-smarting the Defensive coordinator's strategies. Almost like running trick plays which nowadays are accepted as the norm, even in college ball. Probably started with the wide open Big 12 style and has carried over even to the SEC.
they only beat a and m by 2 points. and had to have a lot of help from the refs to get that win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.