Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson... - Page 28
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team TNElephantitis's Avatar

Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    So they had the entire time to prepare for us then they got to play in a dome while we exhausted ourselves in the Miami heat. Yea, we got screwed as the #1 seed..
    As was Clemson last year as the #1 seed having to play us in the semi last year.

So they had the entire time to prepare for us then they got to play in a dome while we exhausted ourselves in the Miami heat. Yea, we got screwed as the #1 seed..
    All because one team was undefeated and the other one wasn't.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Saban has admitted that he doesn't know much about OL play and he's always leaned on his position coach to be able to take a directive and make it actionable so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him go for a teacher above recruiter this time. Last two guys have been recruiters first and foremost but I think preferring teaching is the pro strategy. You see it in the NFL with great franchises. For example, Stoutland has been with the Eagles longer than his head coach.
    I think it all depends on who he has as recruiters. Recruiting is priority and he's going to make sure he's on top of that first. If he has capable recruiters, then he can lean on having a 'teacher' which we badly need on OL.
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TNElephantitis View Post
    As was Clemson last year as the #1 seed having to play us in the semi last year.
    Not the same at all. I'm talking about advantages Clemson had because a) they got to play their first semi final in a dome b) played an opponent who was so weak they didn't have to gameplan for them. Clemson wouldn't have beat any of the other 3 teams in the playoff the previous year regardless of when and where the games were played. Not with Kelly Bryant at QB..

BamaNation First Team TNElephantitis's Avatar

Not the same at all. I'm talking about advantages Clemson had because a) they got to play their first semi final in a dome b) played an opponent who was so weak they didn't have to gameplan for them. Clemson wouldn't have beat any of the other 3 teams in the playoff the previous year regardless of when and where the games were played. Not with Kelly Bryant at QB..
    You’re absolutely right and I understand your points. Im looking at it from Clemson’s perspective of to play #4 Alabama when we were the #1 team all year. They were”screwed” because we got in, and not a lesser, conference champ. And you’re totally right. No way they would’ve beat UGA or Okie, but as a 1 seed you expect an easier semi that Bama

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I thought we got an awful draw. Would've rather been playing ND in Dallas than Oklahoma in Miami. We were clearly better than both but Notre Dame was a pretty simplistic prep. They don't do all that much on offense and they're even more straight forward on defense. They've done well by executing what they do but they just didn't have the talent to matchup against either Alabama or Clemson.

Hearing that from Cubes lets me know my opinion on that was not off-base at all. We didn't get screwed per se but yet again they kinda mis-seeded the bracket because of fixations with record or accomplishments rather than lining them up by an assessment of their ability. OU's defense gives any decent offense a chance but OU probably beats ND 75% of the time if not more. Hard to argue ND was the 3rd best team other than they were the 3rd best undefeated team of three. Even more embarrassing to know that Clemson didn't even respect them more than a traditional in-season opponent despite being for a shot at the championship.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TNElephantitis View Post
    You’re absolutely right and I understand your points. Im looking at it from Clemson’s perspective of to play #4 Alabama when we were the #1 team all year. They were”screwed” because we got in, and not a lesser, conference champ. And you’re totally right. No way they would’ve beat UGA or Okie, but as a 1 seed you expect an easier semi that Bama
    The only team that got screwed last year was Oklahoma. If the playoffs didn't exist, they'd beaten Clemson and secured their first national title since 2000.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I remember CNS going ballistic on the sideline when true freshman 3rd or 4th string RB Derrick Henry ran 80 yards for a TD against Arky when the game was already out of hand.
    I think ballistic is a bit of exaggeration. He put his hands up to say “man we scored again”. Far from angry.

BamaNation Second Team Cr1msoN4life's Avatar

Hindsight is 20/20. That being said I really feel (and felt beforehand)we should of brought an extensive blitz package to the table, much like clemson did. We simply allowed the kid to much time to study the field. Im sure they would've won some battles but I'm also certain we would've won some to! Smashed them with the run( a bit more) and played keep away would've helped a bit I'm also partial to the thinking all these coaching exits affected our team continuity on several levels. It couldn't of helped.. To the guys making advancements in career (locksley) Gl and ty. To the guys making lateral moves(enos and key?) good riddens.. I for 1 hope coach picks some people that want to stay and be part of something special again.. Next year the back end should be a strength on defense, and we will see clemson again. RTR !

BamaNation Scout Team

Hey first post here on the forums, and am not really a fan of either team but still respect Bama more for playing in the SEC. Clemson's toughest game all year was at Texas A&M, 28-26.
    As for the game, from what I saw they got too far behind and started to panic a bit and throw when they should have run. I remember a 3rd and 4 in the red zone and they tried to pass both times. Got a little bit too cute when all 3 Rb's were averaging 5 yards a carry. Just how I saw things from a non-biased perspective.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Huskyfan91 View Post
    Hey first post here on the forums, and am not really a fan of either team but still respect Bama more for playing in the SEC. Clemson's toughest game all year was at Texas A&M, 28-26.
    As for the game, from what I saw they got too far behind and started to panic a bit and throw when they should have run. I remember a 3rd and 4 in the red zone and they tried to pass both times. Got a little bit too cute when all 3 Rb's were averaging 5 yards a carry. Just how I saw things from a non-biased perspective.
    Alabama definitely got too cute and got away from what brought them there.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    All because one team was undefeated and the other one wasn't.
    You mean like in 2014, when TWO one-loss teams were ranked ahead of an undefeated national champion?
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

The funny thing is all the post-game whining here about who we had to play.

Not one person here would be complaining about it if we had won Monday night, and this is the reality.

The champion has to beat the teams put in their way. Clemson did, and we didn't.

It's really that simple and any other hand wringing about who "got the easy draw" is nothing but whining.

The right four teams made the playoffs, and the team that won the national title went 15-0 and had only one close game. Like it or not, there is a strong argument for Clemson's 2018 team as the best CFB team of all-time.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.