Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson... - Page 29
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829

Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    The funny thing is all the post-game whining here about who we had to play.

Not one person here would be complaining about it if we had won Monday night, and this is the reality.

The champion has to beat the teams put in their way. Clemson did, and we didn't.

It's really that simple and any other hand wringing about who "got the easy draw" is nothing but whining.

The right four teams made the playoffs, and the team that won the national title went 15-0 and had only one close game. Like it or not, there is a strong argument for Clemson's 2018 team as the best CFB team of all-time.
    Ahh yes... explaining why the Alabama players were probably more tired than Clemson players is whining.

This is why some of us can’t discuss a loss. Others decide whatever is mentioned is “whining” or “excuse making.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Second Team

we have lacked mean football players for 2-3 years now. Give me some Jonathan Allen, Q Dial, R Anderson, Ashawn Robinson, Upshaw etc. Need some mean SOBs

There was a player with ear lobe missing still on field.. forget his name
    Last edited by rtr90; January 12th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Not one person here would be complaining about it if we had won Monday night, and this is the reality.

The champion has to beat the teams put in their way. Clemson did, and we didn't.

It's really that simple and any other hand wringing about who "got the easy draw" is nothing but whining.

The right four teams made the playoffs, and the team that won the national title went 15-0 and had only one close game. Like it or not, there is a strong argument for Clemson's 2018 team as the best CFB team of all-time.
    All of this was being discussed before the game..

BamaNation Hall of Fame

No I complained before and after the Oklahoma game was played.

And if you want to crown Clemson best of all time, you go right ahead. But you don't believe it anymore than I do.

BamaNation Scout Team

I remember that '95 Nebraska team and what they did to a very good Florida team who I just KNEW was going to win that game. I made the mistake of not paying attention to what they had been doing all year. And after looking at what Clemson has done this year, it is similar but really not comparable as far as the overall talent on that Cornhusker team. They scored over 70 twice and the closest game they had was a 14 point win. Sure there were other great teams, and some of them Alabama ones under Bear Bryant, who I would say were maybe even as good as this Clemson team, overall. The problem now is in the style of play, with much of the offensive play-calling and "schemes" done with a lot of smoke and mirrors and out-smarting the Defensive coordinator's strategies. Almost like running trick plays which nowadays are accepted as the norm, even in college ball. Probably started with the wide open Big 12 style and has carried over even to the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskyfan91 View Post
    I remember that '95 Nebraska team and what they did to a very good Florida team who I just KNEW was going to win that game. I made the mistake of not paying attention to what they had been doing all year. And after looking at what Clemson has done this year, it is similar but really not comparable as far as the overall talent on that Cornhusker team. They scored over 70 twice and the closest game they had was a 14 point win. Sure there were other great teams, and some of them Alabama ones under Bear Bryant, who I would say were maybe even as good as this Clemson team, overall. The problem now is in the style of play, with much of the offensive play-calling and "schemes" done with a lot of smoke and mirrors and out-smarting the Defensive coordinator's strategies. Almost like running trick plays which nowadays are accepted as the norm, even in college ball. Probably started with the wide open Big 12 style and has carried over even to the SEC.
    they only beat a and m by 2 points. and had to have a lot of help from the refs to get that win.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon