Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
Although a new member, i've been a long time reader! I have loved Bama since I was a young boy since my dad was a fan. one of many reasons i joined was because of what i was reading on here...clemson has not played anyone...all of the lop sided score predictions...Texas A & M...S. Carolina threw for 500 yards...weak secondary etc...i felt that Clemson was by far the best team we had played this year and that TLaw was the truth. I am shocked with the blowout but I think the rat poison got us... #RTR

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
I think it’s painfully obvious that Tosh is at best a bit over his head as DC. Wasn’t Golding hired to help him call plays in the secondary? Our LBs and secondary have appeared much too confused and unprepared this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
So much to say.

I hate the playoffs. A long layoff, followed up by a quick game the next week sucks.

I hate the NC game on a work night. I’m wide awake and I have to be up at 5 am.

Im sick of the hype. People like Herbstreit blathering on about how our offense is going to put up 50 every game at the beginning of the year. Yes it’s rat poison. Yes it has an effect.

Im sick of losing a bunch of juniors every year and a bunch of assistants every year and always having a coordinator with one foot out the door after the SEC title game.

Hats off to Clemson and Dabo but I can’t stand him. I can’t see him ever coaching at Alabama. What he has done there is amazing, sure, but I just don’t like him.

I don’t know where we go from here. But I sure as hell don’t want to go backwards. Somewhere along the way this season, we lost the hunger. Got distracted.

Finally, I hate facing Clemson in crappy NFL stadiums in our home jerseys.

Good night, and Roll Tide forever.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
One of my big concerns in that thread was disguising stunts, and rushes. Georgia did it successfully. clemson sold out on the pass. Just giving the run. I think getting behind really hurt. It wasn’t Locks best called game. They saw something on film that Clemson wasn’t doing in the game. A lot of short yardage plays they tried to go wide left. It worked on the throw for the touchdown, but it seemed like we used a lot of variations of those plays. Without success!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Only if you ignore about 50 things. At best he is tied with Saban over the last 4 years (identical records), and he did this under ideal circumstances. Saban has had to overcome much more adversity at Alabama in the last 4 years than Dabo at Clemson.

Dabo is very good, but Saban is the GOAT, and he has not slipped even a little bit.
Historically it’s Saban hands down. I would still go with Saban as the current best coach but there’s now a legitimate case to be made for Dabo..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think it’s painfully obvious that Tosh is at best a bit over his head as DC. Wasn’t Golding hired to help him call plays in the secondary? Our LBs and secondary have appeared much too confused and unprepared this year.

I think it is safe to say that each left a lot to be desired. I don't think we change up things but I could be wrong. Stability and learning may be the hope.

Brobrettjohnson

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 28, 2018
My only real complaint other than what has been beaten to death was the move to put Jalen when the game was well over. I get that he didn’t give Alabama the best chance, but sticking him out there was disrespectful imo. He may not be the best option, but he has earned more respect than that.

The d needs work..a lot of work. Mack Wilson feels jaded that he wasn’t a AA, but his play all year was subpar. Thompson has showed signed of being a great player, but also many busy in coverage. Smith has been average, Moses has been almost nonexistent and Davis has been a relative bust. Tosh is a brilliant recruiter, but is a serious liability in calling the plays.

Lastly, I hated the outcome. However, I’m glad it was to Dabo. Had it been to Smart or Kelly or whoever else, it would have stung more. Can’t win em all, but here’s to hoping Saban gets another next year.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Does anyone know the last time we lost by 28 or more points?

Unless I'm missing an obvious one, I can't remember one since getting drubbed in Little Rock 42-6 by the Razorbacks during Dubose' second year.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
The last time we lost by more than 16 points was to a Saban coached team or at least that's what gmac said during half time.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Tale of the tape right here. Couldn’t sustain a drive on 3rd down, couldn’t get them off the field on 3rd down and turn the ball over twice.

Figure it out and move on to next year.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I wouldn’t go that far. A lot of things happened. LUPOI is a young coordinator that is still learning. I don’t know, it looked like a total team effort to lose. Plus some bad luck. If Smith didn’t fall down hurt, does Ross run for 74 yards on 3rd and 14? If we scored in the red zone, and Clemson wasn’t playing with the lead, does our defensive calls get easier? A lot went wrong. As a team, we were not prepared!

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
I wouldn’t go that far. A lot of things happened. LUPOI is a young coordinator that is still learning. I don’t know, it looked like a total team effort to lose. Plus some bad luck. If Smith didn’t fall down hurt, does Ross run for 74 yards on 3rd and 14? If we scored in the red zone, and Clemson wasn’t playing with the lead, does our defensive calls get easier? A lot went wrong. As a team, we were not prepared!
True, but I think we really missed Pruitt this year with a young secondary. I believe our secondary would have developed better under someone as capable as Pruitt. Tosh is a great recruiter, but has not demonstrated acumen in coordinating the defense, IMO. And Alabama is no training ground.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
True, but I think we really missed Pruitt this year with a young secondary. I believe our secondary would have developed better under someone as capable as Pruitt. Tosh is a great recruiter, but has not demonstrated acumen in coordinating the defense, IMO. And Alabama is no training ground.

Yeah I hated to lose Pruitt as well......... he was a better DC than Kirby

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
Keys to the game: the two turnovers and the difference in the red zone. The pick 6 and going 0-3 on 4th down inside Clemson’s 25 is the 28 point difference. We had more first downs and time of possession and was leading yardage before the last drive. So, things don’t need to be totally blown up.

That said, they controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. And outside of Q and Jennings, we had no playmakers on defense to get us off the field.

Disappointing that Saban can’t get another undefeated season. On to preparations for next year and hopefully we can regroup.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Quite frankly, we got out-coached. I'm not a doom-sayer, but this is something that CNS can fix. It just never came up before this game...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.