Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson... - Page 7
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

I think I'm in shock.....

Congrats to Clemson. They flat just kicked our butts.

We now know how Miami felt in '92 I suppose.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American RammerJammer15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bvandegraff View Post
    Where Dabo has it over Saban (and, I think, the only way) is staff retention. Amazing Venables hasn't taken a head coaching gig someplace, and apparently has no desire to.
    This. Coach Sabanís relationship with his assistants reminds me of Coach Calipari and his relationship with his players, Cal will encourage his players like crazy to declare, I would imagine Saban does the same with his assistants with taking other jobs but we got to retain some consistency in the coaching stuff, weíve become Last Chance U Coaching in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    If he has even the tiniest itch to become a head coach we will find out this offseason. He just earned himself some pretty good offers.
    Venables isn't going anywhere.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

BamaNation First Team Tides_of_Change's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    We did, terrible communication between the safeties and corners left large holes when we played zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Three months later, we paid a bigger price than I ever thought possible for Diggs' injury. We needed him fiercely tonight. I'm glad that at least Jobe was physical and didn't look lost when he finally got a shot.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Long way home after that from CA. Bama fans showed up for this game.

No edge pressure. Really missed having Lewis or Miller out there or both. You have to hand it to Clemson. They flat outplayed us. Trevor will be the first QB off the board but unfortunately not for another two years. Dynamite player. Tua made some bad decisions and put us in a hole but he would have had to play a really good game to win that one. He gets greedy though every now and then and they made him pay for it. Clemson D is legit. Special teams remains poor. The air went out of the stadium when we missed the extra point.

And hard to fault play calling but the fake punt I donít get. Just go for it. They were going to take their chances with our kicker anyway and play safe. Just donít get that one.

Great year but a game like that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. As they say, there is always next year.

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoySince89 View Post
    One last note: we can’t seem to beat Clemson unless it’s indoors...strange, ain’t it?
    I also want us to wear our white jerseys when we play them again. We lost both times we wore Crimson jerseys.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Saban cracking jokes in the post game press conference. Thatís.....something..

There were concerns before the season with both the new coordinators, in terms of readiness. I felt like they had proven they were, over the season. After tonight, I'm not so sure. For certain, though, Saban will get to the bottom of it, if anyone can...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY

folks, we just got our hineys handed to us on a platter............very humbling.............been awhile since i have seen that and it shows how spoiled i have become...............roll tide........carry on.

Yep

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Congrats to Clemson, they were the best team tonight. That's the bad news. The good news is we aren't going anywhere and will be in the fight for #18 next year. We are SEC champs and have the #1 recruiting class right now! We have a lot coming back too!

I'm proud of this team and after tonight, they need to hold their heads high! RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Clemson has beat us two times where one of their weaker positions units played the game of their life and swung a matchup Alabama probably expected to win. Dabo has found a way to get the dials turned and buttons pushed right for his guys in big games. Gotta give him that.

We've got a lot of work to do on defense. They cost us a national title tonight and that Saban's side of the ball.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation First Team Tides_of_Change's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    We picked a terrible time to play our worse game... BUT...
    Got to credit Clemson. They were hitting on all cylinders...
    Clemson played a great game.
    Tonight we made all the mistakes.
    The Clemson Defense was outstanding.
    Our OL couldn't keep the Clemson Defense out of our backfield.

I never saw it coming...
    WE GOT BLOWN OUT.
    And we didn't find the hot route or check out of blitzes. Our OL dominated the run game and was our best unit on the field tonight.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk