Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Plenty of offseason to thrash this out, but it has been said on here many times "that defense wins championships". It appears that chasing a Big 12 type offense has cost us an Alabama type defense. I am suspect of Lupoi as DC, next year should tell us more. I am also suspect of where out offense is headed.

As for last night's performance, two things standout. One, we lost both LOS which, in just about every case, means you are not going to win. Our defensive effort was probably worse than the Utah Sugar Bowl loss. We were out coached, out played, out efforted, in short neither the coaches nor the players were prepared. My final thought, you win as a team and lose as a team, last night the better team won.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Congrats to Clemson on a great year and an outstanding team. Congrats to Bama for the excitement you have given us this year. There is one thing for certain, they made our asses quit. Time to go to Junction.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
We’ve really suffered at LB due to injuries the past couple of years. I also think we’ve had 1-2 not develop the way we would have expected. Last night, Clemson took advantage of our LB situation.

I was also puzzled that we didn’t utilize Jacobs more than we did. He had a fantastic postseason and teams were really struggling to contain him.

Last night our RBs were averaging 5+ ypc, and they ran Tua on a sweep on a crucial 3rd or 4th down near the goal line. Made no sense to me.

Overall great season though. Now on to signing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Here on the East coast, the sun did rise. We still have a great team, a great program, and high expectations for the next season. Best wishes and good luck to all the outstanding young men who played their last game in Crimson last night. RTR

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Everyone bashing Lupoi needs to remember that he's a year ahead of schedule. He wasn't supposed to be DC this year, Pruitt was. This was the year Tosh was supposed to sit in and take notes and learn the entirety of the defense. Instead of that happening he was tossed into the grinder and had to learn on the fly.

I would like to have seen all this chatter we've seen from the all year (penalties and jawing at the other team) turn into that quiet death that it used to be. Maybe it's from so many upper classmen leaving, but the leadership void has to be addressed.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Everyone bashing Lupoi needs to remember that he's a year ahead of schedule. He wasn't supposed to be DC this year, Pruitt was. This was the year Tosh was supposed to sit in and take notes and learn the entirety of the defense. Instead of that happening he was tossed into the grinder and had to learn on the fly.

I would like to have seen all this chatter we've seen from the all year (penalties and jawing at the other team) turn into that quiet death that it used to be. Maybe it's from so many upper classmen leaving, but the leadership void has to be addressed.

Yeah, they need to get back to being a lot more disciplined....... I hate it that Tosh has to take the OJT route for his job........ would have liked to kept Pruitt one more year

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
Great season - nothing to hang your head about. Clemson is a great team.

Time for basketball!

RTR!
Preach. We beat Kentucky finally. It’s time to accept we are a basketball school now.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Saw a couple things on reddit and have to share. They made me chuckle despite the disappointing outcome of the game:

“Once again, the game was so lopsided, Tua didn’t even play the 4th quarter.”

“When Bama beats themselves, they do it by 4 touchdowns.”

Too soon? Nah, I can laugh in the face of adversity.
Not too soon, it is good to laugh at yourself every once in a while.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
Here on the East coast, the sun did rise. We still have a great team, a great program, and high expectations for the next season. Best wishes and good luck to all the outstanding young men who played their last game in Crimson last night. RTR
I mean... I’m just saying.... I don’t see it here in Atlanta....[emoji23]

Man, I feel beat up this morning. I rather a close loss than to get dominated like that. A lot of that stuff had to do with what Alabama did or didn't do, but man Clemson executed to perfection last night. I'm not ready to say the dynasty is over though. One has to think though, what if this is the end.

Man, I can't stand any "Tiger" teams.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

As I said way above, I had concerns with both coordinators, but especially on the defensive side. I think it showed last night. We needed some plays we didn't have in our repertoire last night, not to mention adjustments in how we were running what we had, on both sides of the ball...

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Man, I feel beat up this morning. I rather a close loss than to get dominated like that. A lot of that stuff had to do with what Alabama did or didn't do, but man Clemson executed to perfection last night. I'm not ready to say the dynasty is over though. One has to think though, what if this is the end.

Man, I can't stand any "Tiger" teams.
I feel the same way. I was so mad I got no sleep. I would have rather BAMA lost a close one than be manhandled like that. Dabo may be catching up to Saban.. we shall see over the next 5 years. I am pretty sure Clemson will be in the playoffs most every year for awhile due to their easy schedule. Hopefully BAMA will too, but having to get through LSU, Auburn, Texas AM, UGA will be tough each year.

I think we had a great season overall, just not last night. 14-1 and SEC Champs is good, but last night's loss is tough. I will always cheer for BAMA no matter what though!

Now this week I have to face my next door neighbors/friends (big Clemson fans) and my pastor/his wife (Clemson fans). There is no trash talk each year, but just awkwardness. My facebook friends, however, were out in full force.. loving the fact that another team beat BAMA (and most were not Clemson fans, just UGA and Auburn).

I will say this.. Trevor and Tua will be competing for the Heisman next year. Trevor Lawrence is legit. We live 15 minutes from his high school and I knew when he was in 9th grade that he would be a star.

It will be interesting to see what coaching changes Saban has, and how the recruiting finishes out for Feb.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I feel the same way. I was so mad I got no sleep. I would have rather BAMA lost a close one than be manhandled like that. Dabo may be catching up to Saban.. we shall see over the next 5 years. I am pretty sure Clemson will be in the playoffs most every year for awhile due to their easy schedule. Hopefully BAMA will too, but having to get through LSU, Auburn, Texas AM, UGA will be tough each year.

I think we had a great season overall, just not last night. 14-1 and SEC Champs is good, but last night's loss is tough. I will always cheer for BAMA no matter what though!

Now this week I have to face my next door neighbors/friends (big Clemson fans) and my pastor/his wife (Clemson fans). There is no trash talk each year, but just awkwardness. My facebook friends, however, were out in full force.. loving the fact that another team beat BAMA (and most were not Clemson fans, just UGA and Auburn).

I will say this.. Trevor and Tua will be competing for the Heisman next year. Trevor Lawrence is legit. We live 15 minutes from his high school and I knew when he was in 9th grade that he would be a star.

It will be interesting to see what coaching changes Saban has, and how the recruiting finishes out for Feb.
Well, the vast majority of the college football world is in ecstasy this morning. They were in abundance at my local breakfast stop this morning and they were not particularly Clemson fans, just " Anybody but Bama " folks. To listen to some of these people you`d think CNS stole their girlfriends or something!

I was looking forward to work today, now I don't want to see anyone in my class.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I’m more shocked than upset. We did not play Bama ball last night, we really haven’t played Bama ball all season, in sports, dominant teams have a formula, Alabama has a formula for success, strong defense, deadly rushing attack, and efficient QB play, two of those three things were not present last night.

On the other hand, looks like it’s back to normal, the media will be going in on Bama til January 2020, we will be doubted, we’ll be top 5 but won’t be preseason #1, the think pieces about the Dynasty being dead will emerge and we’ll once again be the hunter instead of the hunted.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Rough game.

Out coached, out played, out everything basically.

Trevor Lawrence is the real deal and if he can be a little more consistent with his accuracy then watch out....

Justyn Ross is incredible and I hate that we didn't get him. Could have been our next Julio and I have very little doubt that he would have found his way onto the field this year here.

I fully expect to play them next year and I think we will have a better team. I hope we get a few surprise Juniors return maybe for some revenge?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I'm warning you wascally wabbit!!! :bs_comehereyou: I'm OK with that role next year! Bring it..GREAT year! GREAT team! GREAT program! Go ahead and doubt us...PLEASE!!!
I’m more shocked than upset. We did not play Bama ball last night, we really haven’t played Bama ball all season, in sports, dominant teams have a formula, Alabama has a formula for success, strong defense, deadly rushing attack, and efficient QB play, two of those three things were not present last night.

On the other hand, looks like it’s back to normal, the media will be going in on Bama til January 2020, we will be doubted, we’ll be top 5 but won’t be preseason #1, the think pieces about the Dynasty being dead will emerge and we’ll once again be the hunter instead of the hunted.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.