Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
We did, terrible communication between the safeties and corners left large holes when we played zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Three months later, we paid a bigger price than I ever thought possible for Diggs' injury. We needed him fiercely tonight. I'm glad that at least Jobe was physical and didn't look lost when he finally got a shot.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Long way home after that from CA. Bama fans showed up for this game.

No edge pressure. Really missed having Lewis or Miller out there or both. You have to hand it to Clemson. They flat outplayed us. Trevor will be the first QB off the board but unfortunately not for another two years. Dynamite player. Tua made some bad decisions and put us in a hole but he would have had to play a really good game to win that one. He gets greedy though every now and then and they made him pay for it. Clemson D is legit. Special teams remains poor. The air went out of the stadium when we missed the extra point.

And hard to fault play calling but the fake punt I don’t get. Just go for it. They were going to take their chances with our kicker anyway and play safe. Just don’t get that one.

Great year but a game like that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. As they say, there is always next year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There were concerns before the season with both the new coordinators, in terms of readiness. I felt like they had proven they were, over the season. After tonight, I'm not so sure. For certain, though, Saban will get to the bottom of it, if anyone can...

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Congrats to Clemson, they were the best team tonight. That's the bad news. The good news is we aren't going anywhere and will be in the fight for #18 next year. We are SEC champs and have the #1 recruiting class right now! We have a lot coming back too!

I'm proud of this team and after tonight, they need to hold their heads high! RTR!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Clemson has beat us two times where one of their weaker positions units played the game of their life and swung a matchup Alabama probably expected to win. Dabo has found a way to get the dials turned and buttons pushed right for his guys in big games. Gotta give him that.

We've got a lot of work to do on defense. They cost us a national title tonight and that Saban's side of the ball.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
We picked a terrible time to play our worse game... BUT...
Got to credit Clemson. They were hitting on all cylinders...
Clemson played a great game.
Tonight we made all the mistakes.
The Clemson Defense was outstanding.
Our OL couldn't keep the Clemson Defense out of our backfield.

I never saw it coming...
WE GOT BLOWN OUT.
:(
And we didn't find the hot route or check out of blitzes. Our OL dominated the run game and was our best unit on the field tonight.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
Defense lost some quality players and it didn’t show up until tonight. But truthfully the offense didn’t give them much to play for in the second half. Someone said we were in the red zone 4-5 in second and failed to score. It speaks well of Clemson’s defense but really speaks poorly of play selection and right personnel in the game. Truthfully why fake the field goal Georgia style. Losing a game that we were in but getting rolled is another thing. It will take awhile for this one to go away.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They confused our OL about as badly as they confused ND and it appeared to me that we learned nothing from watching it...
Saban is going to see the same things that we saw and make changes. No idea what they will be, but Saban is not going to just accept this loss and move on.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I really think we got outcoached. Saban is still the best in the business, but defensively, we have looked confused since the SEC Championship, particularly in the secondary. Fortunately, with the previous two games, we were able to get pressure from our front. It just seemed like we didn't get the turnovers that past teams have been able to. Offensively, I cannot understand why we are hesitant to run the ball. I know you don't want 1st down tendencies, but run it til they stop it. The confusion on D and lackluster play calling were not the most worrisome aspect. We quit. I never thought I would type those words. I hope I never do again, either.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Clemson has beat us two times where one of their weaker positions units played the game of their life and swung a matchup Alabama probably expected to win. Dabo has found a way to get the dials turned and buttons pushed right for his guys in big games. Gotta give him that.

We've got a lot of work to do on defense. They cost us a national title tonight and that Saban's side of the ball.
You think it was on them? Yes they were off but that pick 6, second pick, and the missed ep hurt. Rarely does a team win scoring 16 in this day and age.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Post game press conference is painful.

Good.

This feels like the Rocky movie where Mister T humbles Rocky.

Get hard and sharp this off-season fellas. Most importantly, get hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Needless to say they just poked the bear, or in this case the elephant ... I think we're going to see a heck of a Bama ream next season

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.