Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The sec network crew got flipped off by the Clemson oline coach ... smh

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I hope this lights a fire for next year. I have no problem when you lose a game, but gave it your best. We just seemed to quit tonight, which I didn't think I would ever see an Alabama team do. Don't know the reasons, but I hope Coach Saban can get them fixed. I'd like another shot at this game next season.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The team had it too easy most of the season, Tua had it too easy most of the season. They forgot how to fight. They were absolutely talented enough and good enough to win the game, but they didn't have the fight in them they needed to have. That's all there is to it.

They should bounce back though, this sort of things can light a fire under a team (last year's loss sure seemed to do that for Clemson).
Clemson wasn't challenged all that much either. This was about matchups and Clemson won the matchup that Alabama most needed to win to get stops on defense. We knew their skill guys would have scoring opportunities against this back seven but the DL was suppose to hurry more throws to help them out. We struggled in short yardage offense all season which is why we went to the Jacobs wildcat so much from around November onward. These things killed us tonight. Players gotta get better and make plays. Not much gameplanning can do about inability to cover guys in pass coverage and inability to get a hat on a hat in short yardage.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Unfortunately Dabo ain't no fluke nor a joke. They ain't going anywhere. Dabo said last season "we'll be back". Looks like he was right. Tonight he officially became a great coach. His staff neutered ours in dominating fashion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Beat Saban in 2 NC games? That’ll get you all-time status for sure.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Congrats to Clemson. They deserved it obviously.

Just an unmitigated disaster on our side all the way around. What's most frustrating to me is that if we just play a little more disciplined in the 1st half, I think the whole game would have taken on a different tone. We really only stopped ourselves for long stretches in the game. Now maybe Clemson still wins because their QB was unreal. But we simply lost control of the game, then started getting desperate and it just snowballed on us. Really should have been more of a shootout type game, but we self-destructed so much it became a blowout. Oh well, the sun will rise tomorrow.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Everything come to a head and it ALL showed.

Six new coaches.
Jr's to NFL
Injuries
coaches with new jobs at playoff time
more injuries
uncharacteristic mistakes
turnovers
bad play calling
no calls
unprepared
out coached
every break against you
and just getting whooped all over the field.

It all showed up tonight.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Here come the onslaught of juniors leaving.

This game had more to do with the NFL taking our juniors and other teams taking our coaches. And now we will lose even more.

I worry we start to resemble UK in hoops. But we dont get early season losses along the way.
I’m not sure how you get to this conclusion, but it’s sad.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Unfortunately Dabo ain't no fluke nor a joke. They ain't going anywhere. Dabo said last season "we'll be back". Looks like he was right. Tonight he officially became a great coach. His staff neutered ours in dominating fashion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Shh, there are some that will hold a grudge against Dabo when he was a 22 year old GA.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Yes and no.

This was a team loss start to finish, top to bottom.
Yep, total team loss, from the head coach down to the water boys. Coaches didn't coach their best, and the players didn't play their best. And the rest of college football will be celebrating for eons.

But hey, at least the playing surface turned out okay.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Congrats to Clemson. They had a better plan than we did especially on 3rd down. Did they ever miss one? He must have had 300 yards passing on third and long. Been down that road before. Our young DB's were exposed for the first time really. Thought we should have helped them out with some zone but I am not sure anything would have mattered.. oh well.. Still a good season. This is twice I thought if we would have beat Clemson, this team could have gone down as one of the Greatest ever!!
We did, terrible communication between the safeties and corners left large holes when we played zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Everything come to a head and it ALL showed.

Six new coaches.
Jr's to NFL
Injuries
coaches with new jobs at playoff time
more injuries
uncharacteristic mistakes
turnovers
bad play calling
no calls
unprepared
out coached
every break against you
and just getting whooped all over the field.

It all showed up tonight.
add; uninspired, so un-Bama , under Saban

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Great season - nothing to hang your head about. Clemson is a great team.

Time for basketball!

RTR!
We picked a terrible time to play our worse game... BUT...
Got to credit Clemson. They were hitting on all cylinders...
Clemson played a great game.
Tonight we made all the mistakes.
The Clemson Defense was outstanding.
Our OL couldn't keep the Clemson Defense out of our backfield.

I never saw it coming...
WE GOT BLOWN OUT.
:(

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.