Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Clemson...

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Congrats to Clemson. Never thought I would see Alabama just give up and quit with an entire quarter to play. Pathetic.

Hope our players are humbled and use this for next year and stop talking about how awesome they are on Twitter. Some of these dudes need to quit thinking about going pro because they certainly didn’t play like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll second you thought. Doesn't matter how good you are, if you aren't ready, someone will come along and kick your butt!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
We had a great year. Clemson wanted it more. Combine this with we thought we already had it in the bag before kickoff. No one was prepared to win. That’s a path to defeat.

I think about WMack’s post after the OU game about the “me” attitudes on the team affecting the team. I think this showed up tonight too. A bunch of individuals playing football not a prepared team ready to win.

And, no, it wasn’t the ref’s fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The team had it too easy most of the season, Tua had it too easy most of the season. They forgot how to fight. They were absolutely talented enough and good enough to win the game, but they didn't have the fight in them they needed to have. That's all there is to it.

They should bounce back though, this sort of things can light a fire under a team (last year's loss sure seemed to do that for Clemson).

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Defense played absolutely awful. DL did not play well and that was all she wrote. We were so bad on defense that it short-circuited our offense and had to chase points. Probably shoulda had 30 points on offense but only end up with 16 due to it.

Clemson's OL played the game of their life. Completely above their heads on the biggest stage. Congrats to them. They won this ball game for Clemson.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I'm not even really very upset. Clemson earned it tonight. We just quit. Did they come up with a blueprint? Maybe, but I don't think so. We couldn't catch a break, but I'm not going to make excuses there. They played harder and better and were prepared. End of story.

Goodnight all. It has been a great season. 14-1 and the guys will learn from this and be motivated next fall.

Roll Tide!!!!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Congratulations to Clemson. Great effort. Feel bad for the seniors at Alabama, but they had a great run. These two senior classes both had identical W/L records, and both won 2 national championships. Crazy.

Now time for the off-season. Time to avoid ESPN until the spring game.

The road to #18 continues, and I can't wait to see how Saban adjusts.

Roll Tide!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Last time Clemson beat Alabama they got whooped the next season. Dabo better enjoy this moment now because next year his team will be embarassed.
Unfortunately Dabo ain't no fluke nor a joke. They ain't going anywhere. Dabo said last season "we'll be back". Looks like he was right. Tonight he officially became a great coach. His staff neutered ours in dominating fashion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
The part that frustrates me is how the run was there all night, but we just couldn’t help ourselves with the pass.

We will be back next year in the playoffs, rest assured, but it will be a much more disciplined defense and a more balanced offense.

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA
I feel bad for our players. This one is on the coaches. Our offense played well enough between the 20s. Our d...that is another story. I felt our team had two weaknesses all year. Defensive play calling and LB play. I believe both of those fall under the same coach.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Congrats to Clemson. There is not a whole lot to say on this. They whipped us. Saban teams don't do this, but they did tonight. And you have to credit the opposing team for making it happen. Good job to them.

We will see you guys next year, hopefully in the same game, and maybe set the story right again. RTR!

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Unfortunately Dabo ain't no fluke nor a joke. They ain't going anywhere. Dabo said last season "we'll be back". Looks like he was right. Tonight he officially became a great coach. His staff neutered ours in dominating fashion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yeah Dabo is the new #2. It was CUM. We still have the GOAT!

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
When I left the Capstone in 2000, I never dreamed I would see even a single national championship. Bama never beat UT in all my time as a student and had lost to teams such as La Tech. I could see no way that I would ever watch Bama even play in a national championship game, much less win one. It has all been gravy to me since Pasadena and Texas. I wish Bama had won tonight, but I’ll tip my cap, sleep like a baby and tune in to cheer in every game next year.

Rolltidegirl205

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2014
They prepared for us and it showed. Well executed game. Bright side is, we have some motivation for next season. I hope it's motivation for not just for the remaining players but also for Saban and the coaching staff. A 14-1 season is outstanding but we still have to get better in some areas. They have something to play for next season again.

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514
Congrats to Clemson. They had a better plan than we did especially on 3rd down. Did they ever miss one? He must have had 300 yards passing on third and long. Been down that road before. Our young DB's were exposed for the first time really. Thought we should have helped them out with some zone but I am not sure anything would have mattered.. oh well.. Still a good season. This is twice I thought if we would have beat Clemson, this team could have gone down as one of the Greatest ever!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.