I don't even feel bad

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I can handle losses, but usually when we lose, it's a hard fought game that came down to someone making a play here or there. Last night's loss was just so un-BAMA-like that it almost made me forget what a good year we had.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
I’m sorry, I feel bad. Really wanted Nick to go 15-0 . I hate Clemson almost as much as Georgia, and there are a lot Clemson fans here locally! My phone hasn’t stopped since the final. Mostly Georgia fans though trying to rub it in. But in perspective, it’s only one game! ROLL TIDE. I’m sure this score will be on every monitor and every corner of the weight boom this offseason.
Miserable fans enjoy making other fans miserable. Remind them that they have laid more eggs than we have.

Maxbama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2012
Crossville, TN
I'm proud of our team. They work so hard beginning in the off season and all the way through the grind of the football schedule. I appreciate their hard work and wish the Seniors the best as they move on. No one likes to lose - especially athletes at the elite level our team is at. We will be back and we will be better. Congratulations to Clemson. See you next year.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
This one hurts... When they beat us before, I dealt with it much better. Last night.... We quit. I have never seen a Saban team quit. They showed us mercy by not hanging 50 on us... That stings knowing that we were in a situation where another team showed mercy by taking their foot off the gas. It is the first time under Saban that it has felt helpless in a game. They way that we finished this game was embarrassing. I can handle getting beat, but cannot handle being helpless or hopeless in a game. I realize that there were kids busting their hump playing hard to the last, but it is a team sport. As a team, we conceded the game. We quit swinging. We stayed in the ropes. I guess that is what makes this one so tough. With that said, Clemson was the best team. It is what it is, and ain't what it ain't. That wasn't Alabama football.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
I’d rather lose when it’s obvious who played better than a game coming down to the last play and feeling jobbed.

Well, I agree with your post. As a lifelong Chicago Bears fan, the Bears's (last minute reversal) loss on Sunday hurt worse then the "thank G-d its over" slaughter we experienced on Monday. Recent championships help. Alabama has great recievers and Jeudy had a very good game but Ross had a performance for the ages.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Would not make one game a complete shift. Yes- a very bad night where everything went wrong. But Nick is not done.
I feel much worse than in 2016. That game could have gone either way. Yesterday Bama was beaten every which way at every position and on the sideline too. Saban suffered a loss unlike any he has ever had at Alabama in the most important game.

This wasn’t of those “We’ll get ‘em next time” games. This was a paradigm shifting game.

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
I am happy with all the success we have had and it is great too see as I have been a fan since 1985. But, I still woke up today feeling hollow inside and walking aorund in a fog or a daze. Going to take some time to move past this. I know it is just a game but it is our passion and we give our all for the game we love as fans. I will move on and much respect to Clemson, but today I am devastated.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Something was off last night. Going for it on 4th down on our own 35 in the first half? Yes we converted, but it felt desperate.

Once every decade or so, we have a game where everything seems to go wrong. This was that game. Alas, it was against Clemson for the Natty. :mad:

My consolation is that I don't think Saban will go out on this note. Had we won, I thought there was a chance he would ride into the sunset. Now I think (hope) he returns with renewed fire.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
We have had other games, but it was against lesser opponents. The Ole Miss game a few years ago comes to mind. Turnovers , penalties and bad ref calls in that one.!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"Fight on, my men,
I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I'll lay me down and bleed a while,
And then I'll rise and fight again."

Sir Andrew Barton

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I feel much worse than in 2016. That game could have gone either way. Yesterday Bama was beaten every which way at every position and on the sideline too. Saban suffered a loss unlike any he has ever had at Alabama in the most important game.

This wasn’t of those “We’ll get ‘em next time” games. This was a paradigm shifting game.
You said the same thing after the Ohio St game.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I didn’t feel bad at all after 2016. I wasn’t happy, but a great team and a great player beat us. That happens. It wasn’t dirty, they just made plays.

This one has bothered me more than any game I can remember. At least after the kick 6 you figured it was a fluke.

I’m legit worried to face Clemson again.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I didn’t feel bad at all after 2016. I wasn’t happy, but a great team and a great player beat us. That happens. It wasn’t dirty, they just made plays.

This one has bothered me more than any game I can remember. At least after the kick 6 you figured it was a fluke.

I’m legit worried to face Clemson again.
You know the regular eeyores aren’t even being this bad. I can’t tell if you are just having the biggest chicken little episode known to man or you are just trying to get a response. Give it a rest.

They kicked our butts, it happens. It just hasn’t happened to us in a long time. The game could’ve easily been the epic shootout had we called better plays in the red zone. Clemson is going to be the obstacle going forward, but we are an obstacle for them as well.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
You know the regular eeyores aren’t even being this bad. I can’t tell if you are just having the biggest chicken little episode known to man or you are just trying to get a response. Give it a rest.

They kicked our butts, it happens. It just hasn’t happened to us in a long time. The game could’ve easily been the epic shootout had we called better plays in the red zone. Clemson is going to be the obstacle going forward, but we are an obstacle for them as well.
“It happens”

Actually, no, it doesn’t. Not at Alabama under Saban.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
“It happens”

Uh...................I'm pretty sure it did.

As for "paradigm shift"...................if it is what is needed to kick things up a gear, then fine. Good thing CNS is the coach in charge of making that shift.

CNS saw what was wrong with Jalen, against elite teams. He recruited Tua.

Dumbo saw that Bryant wasn't going to cut it, against us. He recruited Goldilocks.

(Clemson got away with playing Goldilocks early on, with their schedule. CNS had a hard time making the switch, until it was almost a mutiny.)

CNS will counter. He hates losing.

The wait will kill some of us. Some of us probably don't want to believe it will happen. Time will tell who gets their wish.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
“It happens”

It just did, and has been close to happening several times in the past 10 years.

Jimmy Johnson got killed by teams at Miami, what about Spurrier vs Nebraska, or dare I say it CPB. All runs eventually run into a butt kicking when someone comes in with equal talent and more motivation. It’s a miracle and a testament to CNS’s greatness that it took over a decade for it to happen to him but like I said it should’ve happened a few times in that time period.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
“It happens”

Not to pile on, but denial won't help. It did happen.

It happened to the two best coaches of all time, IMHO.

Coaches Saban and Bryant both suffered this type of devastating loss.

Coach Bryant went on to win two or three more titles afterward (I forget because I was a toddler).

Coach Saban isn't going to lie down and die.

The fans shouldn't either.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Seriously. A record of 14-1 is something I can live with, and if we had to lose, there are many teams I would hate to lose to more than Clemson. We have nothing whatsoever to be ashamed of.

That's all.
Since Saban has been here, we have either played the national champion or won it every year with the exception of 2013. That is remarkable, and the fact that we haven't had one really embarrassing loss (anything occurring in 2007 aside) until last night is equally remarkable when you consider the elite level of opponents we have faced in that time.

Look, we lost bad, but that game was an anomaly more than a changing of the guard. Yes, Clemson deserves all the credit for what they did, but we really didn't just lay a complete dud. Clemson had everything go their way and we had nothing go ours, almost comically. Eventually, a game like this was going to happen. It was inevitable.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Not to pile on, but denial won't help. It did happen.

It happened to the two best coaches of all time, IMHO.

Coaches Saban and Bryant both suffered this type of devastating loss.

Coach Bryant went on to win two or three more titles afterward (I forget because I was a toddler).

Coach Saban isn't going to lie down and die.

The fans shouldn't either.
I understand it happened. The point is that it never has before. Saban has never lost by more than 14. This is unprecedented for Saban at Alabama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.