I don't even feel bad - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: I don't even feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by ecraj View Post
    I think that was one of the two problems we had playing Clemson. We played Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson in consecutive weeks and we were just beat up.
    Sized up in the secondary - exposed by OK, stripped bare by Clemps. Painful to watch, numbing to reflect over, but that was yesterday...

BamaNation All-SEC

It will be interesting to see how the various issues are addressed in the off season....... starting with recruiting the last pieces of the class

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

It helps to read ITAT and the like. Not ONE WORD about the FIX, THE REC, THE ESPN AND CFP COMMITTE BIAS. No, not one word.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

I feel much worse than in 2016. That game could have gone either way. Yesterday Bama was beaten every which way at every position and on the sideline too. Saban suffered a loss unlike any he has ever had at Alabama in the most important game.

This wasn’t of those “We’ll get ‘em next time” games. This was a paradigm shifting game.
    Last edited by CoachJeff; January 8th, 2019 at 07:00 AM.

BamaNation Third Team

Great game Bama fans. Both teams will be back in New Orleans next year and i'll be looking forward to it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

I feel awful. While it is great to win the SEC and a bowl. Bama plays for championships and we didn't get this one.

BamaNation Scout Team

Big A Re: I don't even feel bad

Same for me. I do hate the way we lost but you have to Clemson and Dabo credit. They beat the best and they beat us but good. RTR!

BamaNation First Team TAKEPRIDE22's Avatar

I'm only disappointed in the way we lost...other than that, it was a great year. (an elephant never forgets!!)

BamaNation Second Team

I’m mad and I’m not settling. This game could’ve been won. Sorry, but dog gone it, way too many uncharacteristic mistakes and lots of them. This loss hurt more because we should have won, period.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlinKnoxville View Post
    Seriously. A record of 14-1 is something I can live with, and if we had to lose, there are many teams I would hate to lose to more than Clemson. We have nothing whatsoever to be ashamed of.

That's all.
    Winning 14 games is something to be happy about, but if you don't feel bad about a 44-16 beat down you might want to check your pulse.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Yes, Clemson spanked us last night -- clear and simple they were way better. We knew their D was awesome but I did not realize how good Ross was. The whole Clemson team was "ON" last night and I congratulate them for the win. Doesn't mean I like it, but they were far better than the Tide on the night.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation First Team

Disappointed we lost, wish the team had played better, but I do think they overachieved this year. This was a young, inexperienced team, dealing with injuries at key positions, and many new coaches.

There is also a lot of pressure on 18-20 year olds to “go undefeated”, “win championships “, week in and year after year. This level of winning isn’t sustainable.

Glad the pressure will be on Clemson next year.

Proud of all the young men who represented the University of Alabama football program well.
    Still wearing my Bama t-shirt today. Roll Tide forever!

BamaNation All-American REBELZED's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TitleWave View Post
    Sized up in the secondary - exposed by OK, stripped bare by Clemps. Painful to watch, numbing to reflect over, but that was yesterday...
    Don't forget that we lost our best/most experienced corner early on and had to start a true freshman most of the year. I think/hope our secondary will be much improved next year...
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    — Alabama Coach Nick Saban