I don't even feel bad - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: I don't even feel bad

This game reminds me a lot of the 1972 Orange Bowl—a NC was on the line but we just got ran out of the stadium by the better team that night. The intersection of those two things doesn’t happen very often.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; January 8th, 2019 at 08:53 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC

I can handle losses, but usually when we lose, it's a hard fought game that came down to someone making a play here or there. Last night's loss was just so un-BAMA-like that it almost made me forget what a good year we had.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I’m sorry, I feel bad. Really wanted Nick to go 15-0 . I hate Clemson almost as much as Georgia, and there are a lot Clemson fans here locally! My phone hasn’t stopped since the final. Mostly Georgia fans though trying to rub it in. But in perspective, it’s only one game! ROLL TIDE. I’m sure this score will be on every monitor and every corner of the weight boom this offseason.
    Miserable fans enjoy making other fans miserable. Remind them that they have laid more eggs than we have.

I'm proud of our team. They work so hard beginning in the off season and all the way through the grind of the football schedule. I appreciate their hard work and wish the Seniors the best as they move on. No one likes to lose - especially athletes at the elite level our team is at. We will be back and we will be better. Congratulations to Clemson. See you next year.

BamaNation First Team Bluegrasstide's Avatar

This one hurts... When they beat us before, I dealt with it much better. Last night.... We quit. I have never seen a Saban team quit. They showed us mercy by not hanging 50 on us... That stings knowing that we were in a situation where another team showed mercy by taking their foot off the gas. It is the first time under Saban that it has felt helpless in a game. They way that we finished this game was embarrassing. I can handle getting beat, but cannot handle being helpless or hopeless in a game. I realize that there were kids busting their hump playing hard to the last, but it is a team sport. As a team, we conceded the game. We quit swinging. We stayed in the ropes. I guess that is what makes this one so tough. With that said, Clemson was the best team. It is what it is, and ain't what it ain't. That wasn't Alabama football.

BamaNation Second Team

[QUOTE=selmaborntidefan;3369099]I’d rather lose when it’s obvious who played better than a game coming down to the last play and feeling jobbed.

Well, I agree with your post. As a lifelong Chicago Bears fan, the Bears's (last minute reversal) loss on Sunday hurt worse then the "thank G-d its over" slaughter we experienced on Monday. Recent championships help. Alabama has great recievers and Jeudy had a very good game but Ross had a performance for the ages.

BamaNation First Team

Would not make one game a complete shift. Yes- a very bad night where everything went wrong. But Nick is not done.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    I feel much worse than in 2016. That game could have gone either way. Yesterday Bama was beaten every which way at every position and on the sideline too. Saban suffered a loss unlike any he has ever had at Alabama in the most important game.

This wasn’t of those “We’ll get ‘em next time” games. This was a paradigm shifting game.

BamaNation First Team BAMA 22 HEISMAN's Avatar

I am happy with all the success we have had and it is great too see as I have been a fan since 1985. But, I still woke up today feeling hollow inside and walking aorund in a fog or a daze. Going to take some time to move past this. I know it is just a game but it is our passion and we give our all for the game we love as fans. I will move on and much respect to Clemson, but today I am devastated.
    Vince Lombardi after being asked what it felt like to be the greatest football team in the world just after winning the '66 Super Bowl.-- "I don't know, we haven't played Alabama yet."

BamaNation First Team WalkaboutSean's Avatar

Something was off last night. Going for it on 4th down on our own 35 in the first half? Yes we converted, but it felt desperate.

Once every decade or so, we have a game where everything seems to go wrong. This was that game. Alas, it was against Clemson for the Natty.

My consolation is that I don't think Saban will go out on this note. Had we won, I thought there was a chance he would ride into the sunset. Now I think (hope) he returns with renewed fire.

We have had other games, but it was against lesser opponents. The Ole Miss game a few years ago comes to mind. Turnovers , penalties and bad ref calls in that one.!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

"Fight on, my men,
    I am hurt, but I am not slain;
    I'll lay me down and bleed a while,
    And then I'll rise and fight again."

Sir Andrew Barton
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    I feel much worse than in 2016. That game could have gone either way. Yesterday Bama was beaten every which way at every position and on the sideline too. Saban suffered a loss unlike any he has ever had at Alabama in the most important game.

This wasn’t of those “We’ll get ‘em next time” games. This was a paradigm shifting game.
    You said the same thing after the Ohio St game.

I didn’t feel bad at all after 2016. I wasn’t happy, but a great team and a great player beat us. That happens. It wasn’t dirty, they just made plays.

This one has bothered me more than any game I can remember. At least after the kick 6 you figured it was a fluke.

I’m legit worried to face Clemson again.