I don't even feel bad

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I understand it happened. The point is that it never has before. Saban has never lost by more than 14. This is unprecedented for Saban at Alabama.
Yes, this loss was without precedent.

The last time a Saban coached team lost by 14 it went to the first CFP the next year. He then went on to coach the next four teams to the championship game, winning in two of those.

The last 14 point loss before that was in 2010 and his teams won the next two BCS championships after three losses that season.

After 2010, coach this or that was going to outlast him and win more. Same thing in 2013 and 2014, then again in 2016.

Frankly, at this point that schtick is getting worn out and old.

For the love of Pete, the man has won SIX titles, five at Alabama over 10 years. He came up just shy of outright winning it or getting the opportunity three more times. Once, lost it on a last second pick play. Twice would likely have won it if one or two plays go the other way and they actually get in the championship game.

So excuse me if I dismiss the hyperbole as just that.

IMHO, two things are likely to make Saban retire other than health/family:

1. He is satisfied with his accomplishments and has no desire to continue his work or

2. He sees that he is no longer able to adapt and so can't give his players a fair opportunity to succeed with him at the helm.

I believe he has the awareness to see when either scenario takes place or Terry will open his eyes to it when the time is right.

I don't believe that time has come. That tells me he still has the drive and the ability to adapt.

And until that changes the rest of the college football world is going to have to learn to cope with his and Alabama's success.

One horrible loss doesn't change that.

okbama

1st Team
Mar 10, 2003
tulsa,ok74103
What a great time to be an Alabama fan. Great season and more to come. Once again everyone else loves to see Alabama get beat. Let's not forget this is just a bump in the road. Not time to scream the sky's falling.

Think back 10 years ago. We are still ALABAMA!

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I know that sometimes Bama fans get a bad rap, but the TN, GA, AUB, UCF, ect. crybabies need to visit Tide fans to learn how real football fans deal with defeat. No blaming the refs, Clemson didn't cheat, it wasn't the weather we just got outplayed by a better team that night. We might play next Saturday and Bama wins by 30, we ran up against a perfect storm. Congrats to Clemson on a great game.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Every few years, Murphy's Law takes hold. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. It was kind of like Ole Miss 2015 -- but much worse. Unfortunately it happened on the biggest stage.

Saban will learn. I don't think this will happen again, at least not against Clemson.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Every few years, Murphy's Law takes hold. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. It was kind of like Ole Miss 2015 -- but much worse. Unfortunately it happened on the biggest stage.

Saban will learn. I don't think this will happen again, at least not against Clemson.
Exactly. It happens. And when it does, there's nothing more fun than watching a vengeful Bama team the following year. Remember A&M in 2012 with "Johnny Football?" We've owned them ever since. Remember Florida in 2009 after Tebow had brought them from behind the previous year? There are other examples, of course.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to be Clemson if they have to face us again next year, especially after having this one rubbed in the team's faces for 11 months.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.