I don't even feel bad

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This just shows you how hard it is to go undefeated in today’s game. All these great Saban teams and only 1 undefeated season. From now on we need to make sure and lose 1 regular season game to get it out of the way early.

Anyway, tough night for Bama nation. Can’t wait to watch an angry Bama team next year!

Time for baseball season! Roll Tide Roll and Chop On!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I feel bad for the players. Wish they could have scored in the second half. Close so many times it seemed like.
I feel bad for the fans who traveled to California to watch our players lay down on the job. No, I just don't feel sorry for our players who did this to themselves. If we had lost on a trick play or a pick play I would have some sympathy but not a team who let themselves be dominated.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I don’t get the pseudo-moral judgments. It’s sports. Sometimes you just get beaten. It happens to everybody. Now it has happened to us.

I feel bad for the fans who traveled to California to watch our players lay down on the job. No, I just don't feel sorry for our players who did this to themselves. If we had lost on a trick play or a pick play I would have some sympathy but not a team who let themselves be dominated.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I think that was one of the two problems we had playing Clemson. We played Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson in consecutive weeks and we were just beat up.
Sized up in the secondary - exposed by OK, stripped bare by Clemps. Painful to watch, numbing to reflect over, but that was yesterday...

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I feel much worse than in 2016. That game could have gone either way. Yesterday Bama was beaten every which way at every position and on the sideline too. Saban suffered a loss unlike any he has ever had at Alabama in the most important game.

This wasn’t of those “We’ll get ‘em next time” games. This was a paradigm shifting game.

Last edited:

wumarshall82

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 13, 2016
Great game Bama fans. Both teams will be back in New Orleans next year and i'll be looking forward to it.

leroyBAMA

Dec 3, 2018
Same for me. I do hate the way we lost but you have to Clemson and Dabo credit. They beat the best and they beat us but good. RTR!

tidenative

Scout Team
Sep 25, 2016
I’m mad and I’m not settling. This game could’ve been won. Sorry, but dog gone it, way too many uncharacteristic mistakes and lots of them. This loss hurt more because we should have won, period.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Seriously. A record of 14-1 is something I can live with, and if we had to lose, there are many teams I would hate to lose to more than Clemson. We have nothing whatsoever to be ashamed of.

That's all.
Winning 14 games is something to be happy about, but if you don't feel bad about a 44-16 beat down you might want to check your pulse.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Yes, Clemson spanked us last night -- clear and simple they were way better. We knew their D was awesome but I did not realize how good Ross was. The whole Clemson team was "ON" last night and I congratulate them for the win. Doesn't mean I like it, but they were far better than the Tide on the night.

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
Disappointed we lost, wish the team had played better, but I do think they overachieved this year. This was a young, inexperienced team, dealing with injuries at key positions, and many new coaches.

There is also a lot of pressure on 18-20 year olds to “go undefeated”, “win championships “, week in and year after year. This level of winning isn’t sustainable.

Glad the pressure will be on Clemson next year.

Proud of all the young men who represented the University of Alabama football program well.
Still wearing my Bama t-shirt today. Roll Tide forever!

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Sized up in the secondary - exposed by OK, stripped bare by Clemps. Painful to watch, numbing to reflect over, but that was yesterday...
Don't forget that we lost our best/most experienced corner early on and had to start a true freshman most of the year. I think/hope our secondary will be much improved next year...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
This game reminds me a lot of the 1972 Orange Bowl—a NC was on the line but we just got ran out of the stadium by the better team that night. The intersection of those two things doesn’t happen very often.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.