JessN: Clemson wrap-up: How Bama recovers – or doesn’t – will determine much of program’s fu

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Honestly, it's irritating to see when you consider the new redshirt rule.

Here are the guys that burned their redshirt in 2018:

Eyabi Anoma, 12 games
Josh Jobe, 14 games
Ale Kaho, 15 games
Jaylen Moody, 14 games

If those guys are going to play in over 80% of the games for special teams, put them out there to get in game reps.

Guys that could have at least been a body on the field to give others a break:

Christian Barmore, 0 games
Cameron Latu, 2 games
Jarez Parks, 0 games
Stephon Wynn, 0 games

Again, I'm not saying play these guys when the game is on the line, but they can't at least get some game reps to gain experience while giving someone else a breather?
On top of that, Kaho and Moody played in, I think, 2 games each that didn't involve kick returns or coverage. I think Jobe managed to get 4-5 games in. Anoma is the only one who worked an actual position for half or more of the season.

I think Wynn snuck in 1 game that didn't get tracked by UA. I can't be sure Musika broke the 5-game threshold, either.

There is question of whether Jerome Ford did. According to NCAA.org, he played 5 games, but despite the name, that site isn't the official word.

tidegrandpa

All-American
One team had several juniors come back specifically to beat the other. The other had several juniors leave to beat a path to the NFL.

A lot of tonight was about on field leadership and experience

Our defense just didn’t develop enough leadership to be ready to control the game.

Mack and Moses aren’t Alpha Dogs. We’ve always had at least one going back to McLain.
The same "alpha dog" thought crossed my mind looking at them line up after getting 2 tds down, not enough mention in the writeup about another missing linebacker (Lewis) and Trevon Diggs out.
We were hamstrung and Saban knew it, and lack of a leader showed on the field. Good point.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
One team had several juniors come back specifically to beat the other. The other had several juniors leave to beat a path to the NFL.

A lot of tonight was about on field leadership and experience

Our defense just didn’t develop enough leadership to be ready to control the game.

Mack and Moses aren’t Alpha Dogs. We’ve always had at least one going back to McLain.
This was surprising. I really thought Mack was going to be the next great LB for Bama, in the mold of Reuben Foster. Especially after seeing him lay the wood on a few kick returners early in his career.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.