Question: Any news on Smith's injury?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You can see him fall on the touchdown and the replay it looked innocent, which is usually bad. I know he struggled, but he's still A Crimson Tide player and injuries suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Bama radio broadcast said that Allen came out of the locker room and got Dr Cain and hey both jogged back to the locker room.
In MY opinion, I feel like he broke it somehow just by how long they were with him on the field and how they were holding it while on the cart. Like they were afraid to let it shift.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I haven't talked to anybody. But just from my years of playing, coaching, and observing football, his non-contact falling down combined with where he grabbed, my guess is gonna be a blown Achilles tendon. But I'm sure we'll hear more later.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I haven't talked to anybody. But just from my years of playing, coaching, and observing football, his non-contact falling down combined with where he grabbed, my guess is gonna be a blown Achilles tendon. But I'm sure we'll hear more later.
That would be quite unfortunate. I couldn't see if they did the Thompson test (or anything else) on the leg since they were busy with replays.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Yup. That was my thinking. Usually when they drop like he did it’s seriously injured. Just one of those freaky missteps. Unfortunately they happen. Hears to a quick recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
That's what I was afraid it was too.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Just looking at the play, there was not a lot of crazy pounding, just a little pushing off to get open. I too would guess, by the way he stepped back and fell, it is an achilles tendon injury.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Eli, JPW, and Rashad all felt that it looked like an Achilles injury. They were all baffled when he came back out, with his helmet. My guess was he wanted to be on the sideline, rather than the locker room. (Note that he wasn't in our locker room, when they took him off the field.)

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Someone asked Cecil Hurt about his injury. This is the reply: "There is nothing physical that would keep him from off-season workouts (or the combine, if he chooses that route)"

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Someone asked Cecil Hurt about his injury. This is the reply: "There is nothing physical that would keep him from off-season workouts (or the combine, if he chooses that route)"
That says a lot, or nothing. :biggrin:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
no kidding - I'm not even sure that means when seen in context of what appeared to be the trainer trying to immobilize the ankle. Maybe it was just his pride being so bruised from getting toasted so bad if there's nothing that would keep him from starting offseason workouts or the combine. Unless maybe high ankle sprain like Tua and they are confident getting the wire job will have him back fast

That says a lot, or nothing. :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.