Question: Any news on Smith's injury?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Any news on Smith's injury?

You can see him fall on the touchdown and the replay it looked innocent, which is usually bad. I know he struggled, but he's still A Crimson Tide player and injuries suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

Re: Any news on Smith's injury?

Bama radio broadcast said that Allen came out of the locker room and got Dr Cain and hey both jogged back to the locker room.
    In MY opinion, I feel like he broke it somehow just by how long they were with him on the field and how they were holding it while on the cart. Like they were afraid to let it shift.

I haven't talked to anybody. But just from my years of playing, coaching, and observing football, his non-contact falling down combined with where he grabbed, my guess is gonna be a blown Achilles tendon. But I'm sure we'll hear more later.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    I haven't talked to anybody. But just from my years of playing, coaching, and observing football, his non-contact falling down combined with where he grabbed, my guess is gonna be a blown Achilles tendon. But I'm sure we'll hear more later.
    That would be quite unfortunate. I couldn't see if they did the Thompson test (or anything else) on the leg since they were busy with replays.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Yup. That was my thinking. Usually when they drop like he did it’s seriously injured. Just one of those freaky missteps. Unfortunately they happen. Hears to a quick recovery.

That's what I was afraid it was too.

BamaNation All-SEC

Just looking at the play, there was not a lot of crazy pounding, just a little pushing off to get open. I too would guess, by the way he stepped back and fell, it is an achilles tendon injury.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Eli, JPW, and Rashad all felt that it looked like an Achilles injury. They were all baffled when he came back out, with his helmet. My guess was he wanted to be on the sideline, rather than the locker room. (Note that he wasn't in our locker room, when they took him off the field.)
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

Someone asked Cecil Hurt about his injury. This is the reply: "There is nothing physical that would keep him from off-season workouts (or the combine, if he chooses that route)"

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    Someone asked Cecil Hurt about his injury. This is the reply: "There is nothing physical that would keep him from off-season workouts (or the combine, if he chooses that route)"
    That says a lot, or nothing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Yikes. Ugh

"It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-SEC

Or blown, er, news coverage of what happened when he went down...

BamaNation All-SEC

no kidding - I'm not even sure that means when seen in context of what appeared to be the trainer trying to immobilize the ankle. Maybe it was just his pride being so bruised from getting toasted so bad if there's nothing that would keep him from starting offseason workouts or the combine. Unless maybe high ankle sprain like Tua and they are confident getting the wire job will have him back fast