Changes for next year

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Is the defense going to be any better next year? Bama loses the entire D line. Tua was exposed and the shine has wore off.

Where is the leadership?
To me, the lack of leadership on this team didn't really show itself until last night. When you are beating folks the way Bama did all year with superior talent, it's just not as important. I think Tua tries but he really gets down on himself at times and appears to withdraw. On defense, it's just not there at all. This was the most undisciplined defense I've seen take the field under Saban. I'm not going to bash a player here but we all know where the problems lie. Hopefully we can find it next year because we'll surely have the talent to get us back in this game again.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Consider taking your own advice.
The dynasty will end at some point. You know that, right? Most likely you won't know that it was over until after the fact, but this was different than any other loss under Saban. This was the worst beat down Bama has had in a long, long time. I honestly can't remember one off the top of my head since it's been about 2 decades. Heck, Shula never lost a game by 28.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
To me, the lack of leadership on this team didn't really show itself until last night. When you are beating folks the way Bama did all year with superior talent, it's just not as important. I think Tua tries but he really gets down on himself at times and appears to withdraw. On defense, it's just not there at all. This was the most undisciplined defense I've seen take the field under Saban. I'm not going to bash a player here but we all know where the problems lie. Hopefully we can find it next year because we'll surely have the talent to get us back in this game again.
Some of the guys planning on leaving for the NFL as juniors looked like guys with no idea how to play.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
One bright spot on defense last night, the play of Josh Jobe. I really liked what I saw from him and I think he's gonna be a good one.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Some of the guys planning on leaving for the NFL as juniors looked like guys with no idea how to play.
I hope some of the Juniors decide to come back for their Senior year. BAMA losing so many players to NFL/injuries each year, and coaching turnover, has become an issue. Whoever Saban wants to hire, the University should pay them whatever it takes to keep them on staff at least 3-4 years. That is a major advantage for teams like Clemson.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I hope some of the Juniors decide to come back for their Senior year. BAMA losing so many players to NFL/injuries each year, and coaching turnover, has become an issue. Whoever Saban wants to hire, the University should pay them whatever it takes to keep them on staff at least 3-4 years. That is a major advantage for teams like Clemson.
Quite a few should consider it

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This team had glaring issues that were glossed over by TUA and the offense. When they stopped scoring points, it was over. Funny how teams are constructed. Can’t help but believe that the 2015, 2016 Bama teams would of beaten this Clemson team. Clemson couldn’t stop the run, those teams would of ran the ball and played sound defense. This team had weaknesses on all three levels of the defense. The dline had no depth, which was also a problem everywhere this year. The LB and DB development didn’t come along like in years past. I don’t know, they all played well at times this year. That’s what makes this game so befuddling. Even against OU they played pretty well. Stupid penalties kept 2 of their drives going, other wise the most prolific offense in football would of been held to 20 points. It was as if the secondary watched no film last week, rested on their laurels. Third and long, Lawrence threw for like 240 of his 3something yards. Obvious passing downs. Didn’t make sense. His completion percentage wasn’t that great, on third and long he killed it. I do think Christian Miler would of been huge in this game. And on offense, down by the goal line. Why didnt we go to a three wide look and run the ball like we have all year . Why pack in the middle and run against their strength , the dline. I guess that will be some of the changes, offensive goal line. My post started rambling

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think Herbie said Clemson lost 3 coaches in The last 5 years. Huge!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
No changes is necessary on staff and players.

Golding and Lupoi will spend rest of spring and summer fixing what was broken. I suspect Saban will bring extra coach in to help on defense side. I could tell that our defensive players did not take the preparation seriously. Mack did lot of talking on twitter this year that he couldn't back up on the field. Thompson, McKinney, Smith, Sustain looked lost last night. WE could not get off the field on 3rd downs.... The plays were there on both sides of the ball, we just did not execute well. I am okay with the loss, because this was something our players needed to learn from.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
No changes is necessary on staff and players.

Golding and Lupoi will spend rest of spring and summer fixing what was broken. I suspect Saban will bring extra coach in to help on defense side. I could tell that our defensive players did not take the preparation seriously. Mack did lot of talking on twitter this year that he couldn't back up on the field. Thompson, McKinney, Smith, Sustain looked lost last night. WE could not get off the field on 3rd downs.... The plays were there on both sides of the ball, we just did not execute well. I am okay with the loss, because this was something our players needed to learn from.
Just need to buckle down and be more disciplined...... and stay off Twitter

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Idk if Enos has already been given/promised the OC job but I hope we go outside the program to find our next OC.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Chris Allen, Terrell Lewis, Christian Miller, Trevon Diggs, Jayln Armour-Davis, five guys who could have made a huge difference in this game. We started the year thin and inexperienced on defense and without those five guys it's amazing we made it this far. We have got to shake this injury bug, we can't recruit enough quality players to replace all that we are losing.

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
I would like to see much improved ILB play. This is the first time in years where that position has been a liability and not a great strength for us. Maybe spend less time trash talking and posing on the field when you're getting beat badly.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The dynasty will end at some point. You know that, right? Most likely you won't know that it was over until after the fact, but this was different than any other loss under Saban. This was the worst beat down Bama has had in a long, long time. I honestly can't remember one off the top of my head since it's been about 2 decades. Heck, Shula never lost a game by 28.
I would agree with you, except, statistically, this wasn’t a beat down . Just a handful of plays and this could of been a win. I mean a 74 yard pass on third and long where the defender gets hurt at the line of scrimmage? An uncharacteristic pick 6 to start the game. An interception on what the QB thought was a go route, that the receiver wasn’t on the same page. THE only PI of the game kept a drive going ? And don’t get me started on red zone offense. Putting up points on those drives would of made the game different, The play calling different. Transitition year. Nick didn’t sound defeated in his presser, sounded like he took responsibility for the loss and sounded like he already decided to make changes that are necessary. We might not win it next year, but I’m pretty sure we will be contending again within 2 years. And then it might be over as Nick might ride off into the sunset.

2ndand26

Oct 4, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Bama didn't lose because of the stupid fake FG attempt. Bama lost because they were out-schemed (top down) and because Locks decided to kill drives over and over by being cute instead of continuing to run the ball down Clemson's throat when they couldn't stop it.
Out-coached and failure to continue to pound the rock upon success. You nailed it. Nothing more needs to be said from an analysis perspective. One of the top defensive coaches in America used Tua's uncanny ability to perform the correct pre-snap reads against him by baiting him into wrong assessments. How could the Bama coaches not have foreseen this and plan (or adjust) accordingly? This is on the coaching staff first and foremost. A previous poster commented that staff turnover has caught up with the team. I agree 100%. These two points of analysis, when coupled with significantly reduced defensive depth and, might I offer, the insane level of entitlement that seems to have permeated certain members of the team, provide all the explanation required.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Bama didn't lose because of the stupid fake FG attempt. Bama lost because they were out-schemed (top down) and because Locks decided to kill drives over and over by being cute instead of continuing to run the ball down Clemson's throat when they couldn't stop it.
Agreed but you gotta admit that was one of the worst fake field goals ever.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We got away with alot of weaknesses that finally caught up to us at the absolutely wrong time:

1. Kicking game set the tone. Someone tweeted that the missed extra point really had a negative impact, psychologically.

2. Inability to run the ball at the goal line. We saw it earlier in the year and that became an unimaginalbe issue in that we were in the RZ all night long but couldn't gain a couple of yards when we got to the goal line.

3. And we got torched on the backend. Happened several times this year when we gave up big chunks and it happened last night.

I'm sure a few changes will be made but just getting nastier in the trenches and letting our young defense backfield grow up will fix most of it. Fixing the linebacker situation is also a top priority and that's beyong my pay grade.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.