Changes for next year - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Changes for next year

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Bama didn't lose because of the stupid fake FG attempt. Bama lost because they were out-schemed (top down) and because Locks decided to kill drives over and over bye being cute instead of continuing to run the ball down Clemson's throat when they couldn't stop it.
    This

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    Is the defense going to be any better next year? Bama loses the entire D line. Tua was exposed and the shine has wore off.

Where is the leadership?
    To me, the lack of leadership on this team didn't really show itself until last night. When you are beating folks the way Bama did all year with superior talent, it's just not as important. I think Tua tries but he really gets down on himself at times and appears to withdraw. On defense, it's just not there at all. This was the most undisciplined defense I've seen take the field under Saban. I'm not going to bash a player here but we all know where the problems lie. Hopefully we can find it next year because we'll surely have the talent to get us back in this game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Consider taking your own advice.
    The dynasty will end at some point. You know that, right? Most likely you won't know that it was over until after the fact, but this was different than any other loss under Saban. This was the worst beat down Bama has had in a long, long time. I honestly can't remember one off the top of my head since it's been about 2 decades. Heck, Shula never lost a game by 28.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMark. View Post
    To me, the lack of leadership on this team didn't really show itself until last night. When you are beating folks the way Bama did all year with superior talent, it's just not as important. I think Tua tries but he really gets down on himself at times and appears to withdraw. On defense, it's just not there at all. This was the most undisciplined defense I've seen take the field under Saban. I'm not going to bash a player here but we all know where the problems lie. Hopefully we can find it next year because we'll surely have the talent to get us back in this game again.
    Some of the guys planning on leaving for the NFL as juniors looked like guys with no idea how to play.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

BamaNation First Team

Some of the guys planning on leaving for the NFL as juniors looked like guys with no idea how to play.
    Yep...

BamaNation First Team

One bright spot on defense last night, the play of Josh Jobe. I really liked what I saw from him and I think he's gonna be a good one.

I hope some of the Juniors decide to come back for their Senior year. BAMA losing so many players to NFL/injuries each year, and coaching turnover, has become an issue. Whoever Saban wants to hire, the University should pay them whatever it takes to keep them on staff at least 3-4 years. That is a major advantage for teams like Clemson.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    I hope some of the Juniors decide to come back for their Senior year. BAMA losing so many players to NFL/injuries each year, and coaching turnover, has become an issue. Whoever Saban wants to hire, the University should pay them whatever it takes to keep them on staff at least 3-4 years. That is a major advantage for teams like Clemson.
    Quite a few should consider it

This team had glaring issues that were glossed over by TUA and the offense. When they stopped scoring points, it was over. Funny how teams are constructed. Can’t help but believe that the 2015, 2016 Bama teams would of beaten this Clemson team. Clemson couldn’t stop the run, those teams would of ran the ball and played sound defense. This team had weaknesses on all three levels of the defense. The dline had no depth, which was also a problem everywhere this year. The LB and DB development didn’t come along like in years past. I don’t know, they all played well at times this year. That’s what makes this game so befuddling. Even against OU they played pretty well. Stupid penalties kept 2 of their drives going, other wise the most prolific offense in football would of been held to 20 points. It was as if the secondary watched no film last week, rested on their laurels. Third and long, Lawrence threw for like 240 of his 3something yards. Obvious passing downs. Didn’t make sense. His completion percentage wasn’t that great, on third and long he killed it. I do think Christian Miler would of been huge in this game. And on offense, down by the goal line. Why didnt we go to a three wide look and run the ball like we have all year . Why pack in the middle and run against their strength , the dline. I guess that will be some of the changes, offensive goal line. My post started rambling
    to 16 and beyond........

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    I think Herbie said Clemson lost 3 coaches in The last 5 years. Huge!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

No changes is necessary on staff and players.

Golding and Lupoi will spend rest of spring and summer fixing what was broken. I suspect Saban will bring extra coach in to help on defense side. I could tell that our defensive players did not take the preparation seriously. Mack did lot of talking on twitter this year that he couldn't back up on the field. Thompson, McKinney, Smith, Sustain looked lost last night. WE could not get off the field on 3rd downs.... The plays were there on both sides of the ball, we just did not execute well. I am okay with the loss, because this was something our players needed to learn from.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    No changes is necessary on staff and players.

Golding and Lupoi will spend rest of spring and summer fixing what was broken. I suspect Saban will bring extra coach in to help on defense side. I could tell that our defensive players did not take the preparation seriously. Mack did lot of talking on twitter this year that he couldn't back up on the field. Thompson, McKinney, Smith, Sustain looked lost last night. WE could not get off the field on 3rd downs.... The plays were there on both sides of the ball, we just did not execute well. I am okay with the loss, because this was something our players needed to learn from.
    Just need to buckle down and be more disciplined...... and stay off Twitter

BamaNation All-American

Idk if Enos has already been given/promised the OC job but I hope we go outside the program to find our next OC.