Changes for next year

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Buggs has looked slow the last half of the season. Not sure if he's still hurt or what. Davis has been non-existent and Williams needs better conditioning before going to the NFL
Spot on. Don’t understand Buggs ineffectiveness after the injury. Davis has disappeared most of the year. Williams is a big kid personality, maybe he isn’t taking things as seriously, IDK. I said this before. Jennings had a great game, no sacks, but good when dropped in coverage, 2 batted balls, played with good instincts.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Maybe so, but the travel makes this a completely different situation than playing a road game in Knoxville followed by traveling to College Station the next week.
After having chased Oklahoma up and down the field in Miami

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
At first, I thought Kirk was making too big of a deal out of it, but there was something to it. How could they have been gassed already?
I wondered the same thing. Maybe they were sick somehow and it wasn't made public? Or the time change? Conditioning? It's just bizarre.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think we have all gotten to the point that winning is a relief. Coaches, players and fans. I know that I don't enjoy it as much as I used to and part of that is worrying about when the dynasty will end. I have always been wrapped pretty tight maybe I need to learn to relax more as I am fast approaching 60. RTR
I feel the same. I have anxiety issues anyway, and get nervous that we will lose, instead of enjoying the wins/dynasty. I think Saban's winning streak/championship streak has contributed to that "perfectionist" trait of mine when it comes to BAMA football. My husband tells me to relax more but it's hard when I am so obsessed with BAMA.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think we have all gotten to the point that winning is a relief. Coaches, players and fans. I know that I don't enjoy it as much as I used to and part of that is worrying about when the dynasty will end. I have always been wrapped pretty tight maybe I need to learn to relax more as I am fast approaching 60. RTR
No me, my man - I love watching the game, love watching them play. But I'm not really anxious over the game as it literally has zero effect on my life. It's just something I enjoy, and if I ever don't I'll stop watching.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
No me, my man - I love watching the game, love watching them play. But I'm not really anxious over the game as it literally has zero effect on my life. It's just something I enjoy, and if I ever don't I'll stop watching.
Agreed. I just wrote something very similar in another thread. It's just a game and I do enjoy it still but it's not my life and I am no longer consumed by it as I once was.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I will never stop watching, a life long Bama fan. Just need to sit back and enjoy the ride more than the destination. RTR

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
No changes is necessary on staff and players.

Golding and Lupoi will spend rest of spring and summer fixing what was broken. I suspect Saban will bring extra coach in to help on defense side. I could tell that our defensive players did not take the preparation seriously. Mack did lot of talking on twitter this year that he couldn't back up on the field. Thompson, McKinney, Smith, Sustain looked lost last night. WE could not get off the field on 3rd downs.... The plays were there on both sides of the ball, we just did not execute well. I am okay with the loss, because this was something our players needed to learn from.
Yep, sometimes you need a good beat down so you don't forget what it takes to stay on top.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I get anxious during the game and stuff but once its over I'm fine. Its not life altering what a few 18-21 year old kids do on a football field. I enjoy wins and losses stink but thats about it. Once the game is over I move on lol.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
As a great American and future Senator declared, nothing is over until we say it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Living in Ga. it's tough to let it go. The UGA and Clemson fans won't let you. You're somewhat defined here by where you went to school, fair or not. At the club when we have golf tournaments, even the guys I don't know call me Bama and want to beat me more because of it. I love it, bring it...but it's literally a year round defense of my school that I love whether we win or lose...There's no place I'd rather defend!!!
I get anxious during the game and stuff but once its over I'm fine. Its not life altering what a few 18-21 year old kids do on a football field. I enjoy wins and losses stink but thats about it. Once the game is over I move on lol.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I slept like a baby last night.

As always, I stayed up a little later after watching any big game, win or lose.

As I said in another thread, the big picture is we've played for a NC 7 out of the last 10 years and we've won 5. And it's not like we are going to be bad next year either.

It's a new day God has given us. Rejoice in it!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Influenza? Affluenza? IDK, but something was wrong.

I think it might have been the dreaded Affluenza, which in my dictionary is described as thinking you will win just by showing up. Maybe we thought we had already beaten what we considered the bigger challenge, (Oklahoma), and weren't mentally prepared to play a very well prepared Clemson team.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I slept like a baby last night.

As always, I stayed up a little later after watching any big game, win or lose.

As I said in another thread, the big picture is we've played for a NC 7 out of the last 10 years and we've won 5. And it's not like we are going to be bad next year either.

It's a new day God has given us. Rejoice in it!
ESPN is already putting out their "way too early Top 25" for next year. Clemson is #1, BAMA is #2. They say they won't be surprised if it's round 5 next year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Living in Ga. it's tough to let it go. The UGA and Clemson fans won't let you. You're somewhat defined here by where you went to school, fair or not. At the club when we have golf tournaments, even the guys I don't know call me Bama and want to beat me more because of it. I love it, bring it...but it's literally a year round defense of my school that I love whether we win or lose...There's no place I'd rather defend!!!
i think you probably see a lot more of that on the northside than i do on the southside (near the airport not in the southern burbs). all of the clemson and uga fans i know or see around are all pretty laid back.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
ESPN is already putting out their "way too early Top 25" for next year. Clemson is #1, BAMA is #2. They say they won't be surprised if it's round 5 next year.
It's kinda like the Lakers and Celtics in the 80's.

And this year the cycle had them being better in the trenches (like we were the year before) and if I'm a betting man, I bet we'll be ahead of them in that way next year.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Maybe I need to move! (No blue font) :)
i think you probably see a lot more of that on the northside than i do on the southside (near the airport not in the southern burbs). all of the clemson and uga fans i know or see around are all pretty laid back.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
The Saban dynasty started on January 7th 2010 and died January 7th 2019. It was a great run.
Over react much? Everytime Bama loses a game this garbage comes out of the mouths of fans and talking heads on television. You can't win them all. There were 5 to 6 crucial moments in the game that all went against Bama or that game is coming down to the end. Everyone of those plays went Clemson's way. I've heard the dynasty is over crap since Johnny Foozball and Gus with his Mickey Mouse offense. Clemson played the better game last night. The reality is there are now two functional dynasty level programs in college football existing at the same time, and we will win some and lose some against them. Calm down and get a hold of yourself or stop posting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.