Changes for next year

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Agreed but you gotta admit that was one of the worst fake field goals ever.
Yes, and emblematic in an ironic way of the staff turnover "catching up" to 'Bama's perceived demise. The demise was for one misbegotten night, not ending an era. Unless the end of the Butch Jones' internship era is when the Tide jumped the shark.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Some of these callers I've heard on the radio today are in rare form on 3 Man Front. One even suggested that the change Alabama needed to make was to let CNS go, and talk to Dabo about taking over the program before next season. This was all in the name of CNS not meeting Alabama's expectations of winning national championships.
People like that are why other teams point and laugh at Bama fans.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Some of these callers I've heard on the radio today are in rare form on 3 Man Front. One even suggested that the change Alabama needed to make was to let CNS go, and talk to Dabo about taking over the program before next season. This was all in the name of CNS not meeting Alabama's expectations of winning national championships. Absolutely incredible of a statement to make! I'm all for having high standards, people need them, but wow.
Alabama has a very entitled fanbase. They don't often get a chance to complain but when they do a lot of absolute whiny brats some out of the woodwork.

Basically in their mind Alabama should win every single game they ever play, and anything short of that is a failure of epic proportions. It is like they don't even understand the game of football.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Some of these callers I've heard on the radio today are in rare form on 3 Man Front. One even suggested that the change Alabama needed to make was to let CNS go, and talk to Dabo about taking over the program before next season. This was all in the name of CNS not meeting Alabama's expectations of winning national championships. Absolutely incredible of a statement to make! I'm all for having high standards, people need them, but wow.
Can’t fix stupid.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Gosh I hate our fans some times.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Got to wonder if that's a real Bama fan??? I could see someone trying to be a troll and make us look bad. But unless somebody is high or drunk, would a true Bama fan think that???

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Got to wonder if that's a real Bama fan??? I could see someone trying to be a troll and make us look bad. But unless somebody is high or drunk, would a true Bama fan think that???
Some radio stations do have fake callers to stir things up. They use interns. I knew one in Atlanta. He was told be the DJ's and producers to call in and say whacked out stuff just to get a rise out of people. He had several different characters he used.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
1. We have to get better at getting a hat on a hat in the run game and move the line of scrimmage in short yardage. We basically had to resort to wildcat to bandaid this problem with a numbers advantage and Jacobs' uncanny knack for falling forward. I'd been saying this was a concern all year but we had done a good job of scheming around it (and a great QB covers a lot of ills). The bag of tricks ran out when they faced Clemson's veteran, athletic, NFL starter laden DL. This wasn't a bad unit by any means but this was a weakness and it is a bad one for when the quality of opponent turns competition into "a game of inches."

2. A complete evaluation of what we're doing on 3rd and long defense. We don't lose much. We don't get challenged much. But when we do, you can bet your ass that we're getting killed on 3rd and long. It has been like this for a good while now and it happens regardless of the experience level of the unit. We've seen it happen against units with more veterans like 2016 and 2017 and more youth like 2015 and 2018.

3. Tua has got to take the next step as a passer and combine his A+ pre-snap identification with A+ post-snap recognition. All 6 of his interceptions this year seemed to be due to a defender being where they "weren't suppose to be." He goes off his pre-snap read too readily sometimes and better opponents took advantage of this tendency. He will confirm his #1 overall pick status in 2020 if he makes this fix to his game.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Some radio stations due have fake callers to stir things up. They use interns. I knew one in Atlanta. He was told be the DJ's and producers to call in and say whacked out stuff just to get a rise out of people. He had several different characters he used.
Not much different from F-bomb's show, except he at least uses 100% certified kooks.

And if it is not the callers, well that is where you get jerks like Skipless Bayless and K*n*ll. It all works the same: Jerry Springer Sports Talk.

(Changed it up CA, so there is no way it will show up in any searches or metrics.)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The hosts said maybe that's why Dabo will choose to stay at Clemson, or Kirby will choose to stay at UGA. Not saying those guys would come to Alabama, but if the University were to approach them, that's one reason why they'll say no.
Remember when Terry Saban said the fans didn't have enough appreciation and got absolutely blasted for it? I always contended that even if she might not have framed it as well as she could have, she was absolutely correct.

The fans all too often act like they deserve it when Alabama does amazing things, and then lose their mind when Alabama doesn't. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of great fans but it doesn't take too many running their mouth or just generally failing to appreciate how great we have it, to not only make us all look bad but to make this a less pleasant experience. This is a once in a lifetime thing, and we're all spoiled by it unfortunately.

Alabama won the SEC championship this year, they beat all their rivals, they knocked off Oklahoma and there's a lot of people out there that respond to that with doom and gloom. It's like getting a Ferrari for Christmas and saying you hate your parents because you wanted a Lamborghini.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Alabama has a very entitled fanbase. They don't often get a chance to complain but when they do a lot of absolute whiny brats some out of the woodwork.

Basically in their mind Alabama should win every single game they ever play, and anything short of that is a failure of epic proportions. It is like they don't even understand the game of football.
I remember my father telling me about the same kinds of fans calling for Coach Bryant’s head when he hit his rough patch........ then he went on to dominate the 70s......

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Remember when Terry Saban said the fans didn't have enough appreciation and got absolutely blasted for it? I always contended that even if she might not have framed it as well as she could have, she was absolutely correct.

The fans all too often act like they deserve it when Alabama does amazing things, and then lose their mind when Alabama doesn't. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of great fans but it doesn't take too many running their mouth or just generally failing to appreciate how great we have it, to not only make us all look bad but to make this a less pleasant experience. This is a once in a lifetime thing, and we're all spoiled by it unfortunately.

Alabama won the SEC championship this year, they beat all their rivals, they knocked off Oklahoma and there's a lot of people out there that respond to that with doom and gloom. It's like getting a Ferrari for Christmas and saying you hate your parents because you wanted a Lamborghini.
I think some of that is reflected in how the players reacted to last night's loss publicly (like Tua, Hale, Ross). I'm not criticizing them for being emotional or upset at losing, I believe that's healthy. But to also totally ignore what you have accomplished as a team this year, or in the past few years, and feel like this one loss tarnishes all of it is also going too far. I trust that the players will be able to reflect on their overall success and be satisfied in their work.

As for the fans, like many have said on this board, IT IS just a game. We're not the ones playing in it, or even coaching in it; we just pay to see them play and cheer them on. My wife and I have intentionally chosen to not watch Alabama games with certain other Alabama fans we know because we know we couldn't even enjoy a win, and that's sad. I know it isn't any different in the other fanbases, but it is still sad. People will look back on this run and put it up there with the other best runs in college football history.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

But...but you needed a pink Mary Kay Cadillac to restore dynastic calm and tranquility - for at least one night of extending the dynasty's smoldering remains.

Don't discount the frazzling effect of having to play from ahead for an entire second half vs. Okie with regard to everything seeming to go awry or even haywire (fake FG again) against Clemps.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I heard this lol ... one of the hosts asked was this a real call lol

Kinda hard to call folks that respond like that "fans" more like "flakes"

The 2018 team had a historic season, two Heisman contenders and a HCOY in Saban but somehow because of one bad game we need to get rid of Saban and blow everything up ... who are we Auburn? (sorry AUDub)

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

Totally agree with this. Bama has been on a historic run, and I don't think that will change. The recruiting and player development is at too high of a level for a big drop off, and CNS has shown multiple times the ability to self evaluate unlike anyone I have ever seen. He will address this loss just like he did when losing to LSU by turning AJ loose in the BCS, adapting to the Johnny Manziel and Ole Miss style "fastball" spread teams, and the Gus Bus draw it up in the dirt crap.

I think he will coach this next season with Clemson in mind. It will be interesting to see the results. He coached for years with LSU in mind. That was those big LB's and DL's that could stuff the run, but struggled in space with the A&M Johnny Foosball teams. Also we just have to take our hats off to Clemson's QB and WR's making some crazy plays.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.