Changes for next year - Page 8
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Re: Changes for next year

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    At first, I thought Kirk was making too big of a deal out of it, but there was something to it. How could they have been gassed already?
    Only thing I could think of is maybe an injury has kept him from conditioning as much as he should've been. I remember he was in the tent during the OU game so that's the only thing that came to mind when seeing he was obviously out of shape last night..

At first, I thought Kirk was making too big of a deal out of it, but there was something to it. How could they have been gassed already?
    I'm not trying to make an excuse, but I really think the semi final game with Oklahoma took more out of us than we thought. Outside of Q, the d-line play most of the year had been sub standard. The fact of the matter is that Notre Dame offered the easier draw. Our defense was on the field a bunch versus Oklahoma. And it was a much more physical game than what Clemson experienced with the Irish. My thought is that Clemson may have been in a better position to get players rested and recovered than Bama was over the past week.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I was pretty shocked to see QW sucking wind so badly midway through the 2nd quarter when Clemson had only had possession of the ball for like seven minutes, total.
    I feel like I've seen QW sucking wind at various times this season, so I wasn't all that surprised when I saw it again last night.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaTide View Post
    I feel like I've seen QW sucking wind at various times this season, so I wasn't all that surprised when I saw it again last night.
    Even his sack celebration is what it is because he's so tired after each play.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaTide View Post
    Sure, not uncommon with MOGs (men of girth) like QW - but that early in the game? He was gasping for air and had been on the field for almost no time.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    I'm not trying to make an excuse, but I really think the semi final game with Oklahoma took more out of us than we thought. Outside of Q, the d-line play most of the year had been sub standard. The fact of the matter is that Notre Dame offered the easier draw. Our defense was on the field a bunch versus Oklahoma. And it was a much more physical game than what Clemson experienced with the Irish. My thought is that Clemson may have been in a better position to get players rested and recovered than Bama was over the past week.
    But we won the TOP battle in OU game 36 minutes to 24 minutes. These guys are trained to play football and 24 minutes of game action wore them out to the point they were still winded 9 days later? Maybe so but that's a stretch to me..

BamaNation Third Team

Guys ... it didn't suddenly happen in the Clemson game. It was systemic.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    If you can't "get ready" to play in a week, after a typical, physical game, that's a problem. This wasn't the result of a game from a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ARollTideDad View Post
    If you can't "get ready" to play in a week, after a typical, physical game, that's a problem. This wasn't the result of a game from a week ago.
    Maybe so, but the travel makes this a completely different situation than playing a road game in Knoxville followed by traveling to College Station the next week.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by mikeua69 View Post
    Buggs has looked slow the last half of the season. Not sure if he's still hurt or what. Davis has been non-existent and Williams needs better conditioning before going to the NFL
    Spot on. Donít understand Buggs ineffectiveness after the injury. Davis has disappeared most of the year. Williams is a big kid personality, maybe he isnít taking things as seriously, IDK. I said this before. Jennings had a great game, no sacks, but good when dropped in coverage, 2 batted balls, played with good instincts.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Maybe so, but the travel makes this a completely different situation than playing a road game in Knoxville followed by traveling to College Station the next week.
    After having chased Oklahoma up and down the field in Miami

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    After having chased Oklahoma up and down the field in Miami
    I've got bad news for QW then - he'll be asked to do this all over the country week in and out in the NFL. It's not like the next level is easier.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

I wondered the same thing. Maybe they were sick somehow and it wasn't made public? Or the time change? Conditioning? It's just bizarre.