Changes for next year

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Next year will involve some tweaks of our offense but a massive rebuild of our front seven. Some folks always emerge. But it appears we will once again be shallow on the DL and at inside linebacker. A couple of freshmen better be ready to play, or there could be another significant drop off on the defensive side of the ball.

Does Jennings stay? Or Lewis, Davis and Wilson?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Well, there is enough blame to spread around but my view is "it was Men against Boys". The second half we were pushed and shoved around. Dominated. Really dominated. We looked unprepared and over-rated. It has been a long time since I felt embarrassed but last night was embarrassing. I would ask one question, however: "That kicker ranks LAST in FBS with miss PATs. Is that the best the GOAT can come up with?" Really? Seriously?
"Banksy," the million-dollar special teams coach, barely earned a plug nickel of his paycheck this year - and should've been left sittin' on the dock of the Bay after the fake FG asininity. Or maybe using your deadbeat kicker as lead blocker was the stratagem "Banksy" had waited all year to unveil in the most unlikely time and place - yeah, right...

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I think we see two to three new coaches. We will see coach assignments change somewhat. With the recruiting class coming in, we will see eight or more freshman in the playing rotation. We will get back to physical football.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
There were many issues last night but the gap between Alabama and Clemson isn't as large as it seemed. Little things turned it into a route and Clemson deserves whatever accolades they get. But Alabama had ZERO pass rush. I mean NOTHING. They even tried all out blitzes and never layed a finger on that guy. ANY top QB if you let him sit back there is no defense that will work. From the moment Christian Miller went down this defense stopped nobody. We lost the two best outside rush athletes before the season even started and the kids we signed in the last class weren't ready to play. Bottom line, we ran out of guys.

The failure in the Red Zone. That's just effort. They wanted it more.

All this is correctable but we HAVE to find guys who can rush the passer

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
While Nick Saban stood idly by?

"Banksy," the million-dollar special teams coach, barely earned a plug nickel of his paycheck this year - and should've been left sittin' on the dock of the Bay after the fake FG asininity. Or maybe using your deadbeat kicker as lead blocker was the stratagem "Banksy" had waited all year to unveil in the most unlikely time and place - yeah, right...

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Offensive execution needed to be much better to hang with them in a shootout. One thing that struck me in Saban's early years was the lack of penalties - first step in beating the other guy is to not beat yourself. We got behind because of mistakes and Clemson choked the life out of us as great teams do. Gotta quit the false starts in key moments. We had chances, which we didn't seize and we paid the price. I'm pretty optimistic this morning after a 4 TD loss.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The Saban dynasty started on January 7th 2010 and died January 7th 2019. It was a great run.
Come on man. There is a reason there are only two active coaches who have won multiple titles.

We may not win another one but good gosh, we just got beat. It doesn’t mean the run is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
I won’t speculate on specific changes, I’m not qualified to do so. But, other than the head coach, everything needs a hard look. Haven’t seen a game as pathetic since the Shula era.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
If you don’t win more titles then the run is over. This team program needs an overhaul outside of Saban and the chances that it works isn’t great. Staff turnover finally caught up with the team.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
The Saban dynasty started on January 7th 2010 and died January 7th 2019. It was a great run.
No, it isn’t anywhere near finished....... changes do need to be made at certain places, but Bama will win another NC

Staff retention did catch up, and that also needs to be considered

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If you don’t win more titles then the run is over. This team program needs an overhaul outside of Saban and the chances that it works isn’t great. Staff turnover finally caught up with the team.
dude, we won the title last year and played for it this year for the fourth time in a row. and did it with an uncharacteristically mediocre defense.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
This game was the product of crack that were visible and getting larger at the end of the year. We have at best an average defense against good teams. We we undisciplined at the end of the year. We have had so many kids leave early, it is hard to get and keep experienced players on the field. Injuries hurt us especially badly where we were thin to begin with at Jack and corner. This game is completely different if Terrell Lewis, Chris Allen, and Diggs are playing. Our ILB play has just been terrible this year.

I think the O-line needs a new coach. We had penalties at critical times this year or simply not blocked well. Clemson got home rushing 4.

We had one big miss in recruiting last year that killed us. Justin Ross is Julio like with better hands.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
This game was the product of crack that were visible and getting larger at the end of the year. We have at best an average defense against good teams. We we undisciplined at the end of the year. We have had so many kids leave early, it is hard to get and keep experienced players on the field. Injuries hurt us especially badly where we were thin to begin with at Jack and corner. This game is completely different if Terrell Lewis, Chris Allen, and Diggs are playing. Our ILB play has just been terrible this year.

I think the O-line needs a new coach. We had penalties at critical times this year or simply not blocked well. Clemson got home rushing 4.

We had one big miss in recruiting last year that killed us. Justin Ross is Julio like with better hands.
Definitely getting a new O Line coach....... Key is gone

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bama didn't lose because of the stupid fake FG attempt. Bama lost because they were out-schemed (top down) and because Locks decided to kill drives over and over by being cute instead of continuing to run the ball down Clemson's throat when they couldn't stop it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.