Reflections About NC Game/Season

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
First, the big picture is we've played for a NC 7 out of the last 10 years and we've won 5 NC!!!! Let that sink in and realize most college football fans will never even know the satisfaction of getting to the big game, much less, winning it so many times.

Lot's of talk about Dabo vs. CNS. CNS IS and will always be great! I think Dabo outcoached us last night so give the man and his staff credit. But here's what Dabo did (at least this year) that CNS couldn't do: Dabo created a TEAM THAT HAD ONE HEART BEAT. He had seniors that came back to finish what they couldn't finish last year From true freshmen phenoms to seniors he formed them into a team that dominated the greatest collection of talent we've ever seen in T-town. He also did one more thing this year that CNS couldn't do: He figured out when to let them play with emotion and got their very best game at the most critical time. I'm not sure we ever did that this year...maybe LSU...but I'm not sure CNS ever got this team to peak.

I still think we had better overall talent but they had the better team on the night it mattered most and I think we had a more dynamic offense, but they had more determination when it mattered most.

They basically stole a line from our fight song and gave it back to us: they had more pluck and grit.

To leave this on a positive note: Losing resets a lot of things. Clemsons loss to us last year propelled them to this year. I think we'll see a similar story next year and I hope we see a TEAM that puts us back to the top.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Look. Most teams in America would love to have a 1 loss season. We won the Iron Bowl. We won the SEC with one of the best storylines ever with Jalen leading us to victory. We won our bowl game against an Oklahoma team who many thought Kyler would destroy us. We lost to a team that was just better than us last night. We play them 10 times I’d imagine it’d be a 50-50 split.

It was a great year for our team. They have a lot to be proud of.

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
Look. Most teams in America would love to have a 1 loss season. We won the Iron Bowl. We won the SEC with one of the best storylines ever with Jalen leading us to victory. We won our bowl game against an Oklahoma team who many thought Kyler would destroy us. We lost to a team that was just better than us last night. We play them 10 times I’d imagine it’d be a 50-50 split.

It was a great year for our team. They have a lot to be proud of.
Welp, that was round 4 last night. Six more to go :)

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Bama played its worst game under Saban. Clemson played their best game in 100 years. It's football. Every other team in college football had to watch Championship Monday from home so their fans can kiss it! After Dabo's post game speech, I gained a whole new level of respect for him and I don't care what anyone else says--the guy is a great man and a great coach. Much respect for the Clemson team we saw last night. I'd rather lose to Dabo and Clemson than any other team in college football. If you woke up today and your feet hit the floor it's a great day! Onward and upward Crimson Tide fans!! Our future is BRIGHT!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Senior class is 55-4 and played for the title every year they were in school and won two. That is an amazing accomplishment. The ride is not near over in my opinion and I
think last night will just serve as motivation for next season.

Last edited:
The Lord raises us up. The Lord humbles us. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

55-4. 2 Nationals. 3 SEC, 3-1 in the Iron Bowl is quite a legacy for this senior class. Taking a giant leap forward on offense couldn't offset taking 2 steps back on defense. It was my only concern early in the year. Talent, experience, depth,leadership were all lacking on that side of the ball. They allowed 13.09 ppg through the 1st 11 games, and 31.75 the last 4 games. I'm sure Saban can improve on that moving forward. ROLL TIDE

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Bama will be fine........ I bet Saban was working on the plane ride back. The team will hear the negativity for the whole year, but I look for this to motivate them......

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
On the one hand this Bama senior class went 14-1, 14-1, 13-1, and 14-1 and this year's 14-1 was by far the most disappointing season. That's not a bad place to be really.

On the other hand, Bama lost by 28 which is the same margin that Notre Dame lost to Clemson. That tastes bad.

Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
On the one hand this Bama senior class went 14-1, 14-1, 13-1, and 13-1 and this year's 14-1 was by far the most disappointing season. That's not a bad place to be really.

On the other hand, Bama lost by 28 which is the same margin that Notre Dame lost to Clemson. That tastes bad.
It should taste bad...... make the players not want to taste it again

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
We actually lost by 1 more...
On the one hand this Bama senior class went 14-1, 14-1, 13-1, and 14-1 and this year's 14-1 was by far the most disappointing season. That's not a bad place to be really.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think it was apparent from the get go that we were playing with borrowed time on defense once Lewis and Diggs went down.

I know a few people in REC that go to that scrimmage before the season and hear CNS talk. From that meeting they all seem to indicate that CNS pretty much said, “ our offense is going to determine the season because the defense is young and just lost the best player on the defense.” I think that was proven to be true.

Next year I think we have a more favorable schedule and getting to the playoffs is not out of the question with the number we are losing. But we will most likely be seeing this same team in our way should we make it. Clemson is on the verge of a dynasty and I think we are on the latter half of ours. Next year maybe the best chance of winning another championship in the next 4 years.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think it was apparent from the get go that we were playing with borrowed time on defense once Lewis and Diggs went down.

I know a few people in REC that go to that scrimmage before the season and hear CNS talk. From that meeting they all seem to indicate that CNS pretty much said, “ our offense is going to determine the season because the defense is young and just lost the best player on the defense.” I think that was proven to be true.

Next year I think we have a more favorable schedule and getting to the playoffs is not out of the question with the number we are losing. But we will most likely be seeing this same team in our way should we make it. Clemson is on the verge of a dynasty and I think we are on the latter half of ours. Next year maybe the best chance of winning another championship in the next 4 years.
I do not doubt we are now seeing the closest thing possible to another Alabama in what Dabo has built at Clemson.

However, until we truly see decline in Nick Saban's program (and a one game blowout is not that), then I still think we are a threat to win it every year.

We have to get better injury luck somehow. What we've seen happen over the last 3 years in the LB corps is just insane. Somehow that luck has to turn.

And as far as dealing with Clemson, surely Coach Saban can figure it out.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Next year Bama has to go to TAMU and AU. Those are not going to be easy. Plus you get UGA in the SECCG again.
We honestly should beat both TAMU and AU with relative ease again next year unless we just completely collapse. They both could be solid teams but UGA should be our biggest challenger until the playoffs next year.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
We honestly should beat both TAMU and AU with relative ease again next year unless we just completely collapse. They both could be solid teams but UGA should be our biggest challenger until the playoffs next year.
TAMU will be even better next year as Jimbo is turning them into a formidable opponent. That's not an easy place to play. I'm planning on making the trip to College Station.

On paper AU should be easy but there 2 reasons to worry - AU has no expectations for next year which is when they're most dangerous and they'll benefit from HUTBIJHS next year (Horseshoe Up Their Butt In Jordan Hare Stadium).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Next year Bama has to go to TAMU and AU. Those are not going to be easy. Plus you get UGA in the SECCG again.
Unless Bo Nix is lighting up the SEC going to Auburn is not going to be an issue. They have lost almost their entire defense.

aTm is a bigger question, but I’m not so sold yet that next year is their year. But it is probably our toughest regular season game.

UGA probably lost too many key folks, and I don’t know if they will beat Florida at this point.

I think it’s still tough, but it’s not as brutal as the last 2 years.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Based on what? Before this game, people were talking about how we could be getting even more dominate than we ever have. This years class could be best we’ve ever signed and next years is looking great too.

One game didn’t change that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Based on what? Before this game, people were talking about how we could be getting even more dominate than we ever have. This years class could be best we’ve ever signed and next years is looking great too.

One game didn’t change that.
1) Clemson isn’t going away. I tried to tell folks for the last two years that Dabo was more than Deshaun Watson and very few wanted to acknowledge that. Clemson will be in the playoffs barring an epic upset. Clemson has by far the easiest path in the next 4 years of getting to the playoffs than any other team in the country.

2) Bama’s road is going to get harder in the next 4 years. aTm is rising in the West. The East is about to become like the 90’s again with Florida rising and UGA being a very talented stable program. We probably got the greatest gift in the worst with the early draftees from UGA last week.

Point is Alabama has a far easier road to the playoffs next year than it has had in the last 2 years and what it will probably have in the next 2-4 years.

Things can change in an instant but on paper this is what it looks like.

FWIW I said this before the game as well so no this isn’t based on one game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.