Game Thread: Alabama at LSU (8PM CT; SEC Network)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Every time we get within 10 or so LSU makes a three or goes on a run. They’re keeping us out of striking range so far. 70-58 LSU with 8 minutes left..

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
If only we could've played with the intensity of the last 10 minutes for the preceding 20. The lull in the middle/poor three defense killed.

I like the look of this match-up zone, with half or 3/4 court press. Too many guys getting loose playing man.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Watched recorded game after getting home late. Stats for the game were very close with one major exception being 3-point shots that gave LSU the nine point margin; Bama 7-24, LSU 10-15.

Same mistakes with turnovers as usual, dribbling into a pile of people.

LSU point guard gave Bama fits.

Giddens gave good effort in his 10 minutes of play. Reese, Norris, and Jones all had a good game.

Bama has a deep bench; I was wanting Coach Johnson to up the full-court and half-court pressure a little. Started to trap some late; had the LSU point guard throw a laser pass while laying on the ground...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Looks like the guys made an attempt at a comeback. I quit watching. Decided to blow-up and kill people in Grand Theft Auto on Xbox. It made me feel better. Roll Tide!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Watched recorded game after getting home late. Stats for the game were very close with one major exception being 3-point shots that gave LSU the nine point margin; Bama 7-24, LSU 10-15.

Same mistakes with turnovers as usual, dribbling into a pile of people.

LSU point guard gave Bama fits.

Giddens gave good effort in his 10 minutes of play. Reese, Norris, and Jones all had a good game.

Bama has a deep bench; I was wanting Coach Johnson to up the full-court and half-court pressure a little. Started to trap some late; had the LSU point guard throw a laser pass while laying on the ground...
They also banked in 2 three point shots. I think LSU was around 30% from three coming into this game and they shot 66% this game. Really the difference in the game. Only complaint is that we dug ourselves a 15 point hole early on like we normally do. Almost impossible to come back from that deficit especially on the road. Four years into CAJ era and we still have scoring droughts and lulls where we just look like apathetic. Then, once we're firmly behind we start playing with our hair on fire. Have to find a way to balance that out so we stop getting ourselves into such a big deficit..

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
If only we could've played with the intensity of the last 10 minutes for the preceding 20. The lull in the middle/poor three defense killed.

I like the look of this match-up zone, with half or 3/4 court press. Too many guys getting loose playing man.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Yeah it seems like this team is very successful when they play with high intensity. I know its hard to get that going on the road but man, thats a game I wish they would have gotten, especially coming off the win with UK. Good fight in the end tho

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
They also banked in 2 three point shots. I think LSU was around 30% from three coming into this game and they shot 66% this game. Really the difference in the game. Only complaint is that we dug ourselves a 15 point hole early on like we normally do. Almost impossible to come back from that deficit especially on the road. Four years into CAJ era and we still have scoring droughts and lulls where we just look like apathetic. Then, once we're firmly behind we start playing with our hair on fire. Have to find a way to balance that out so we stop getting ourselves into such a big deficit..
Good points. One knock on CAJ in the NBA was his teams' in ability to guard on the perimeter. This also seems to be a consistent problem with late rotations and such. Several of their 3s were open looks. No defender. No hand in their face. This needs to be addressed as well. This team is talented and can make the tourney.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I watched the game. LSU hit several prayer 3's and we shooting 80% from 3 in the 1st half. No one is going to beat a team hitting 3'd at that clip. It didn't help that we were on short rest and they had 11 days off to work on anything they wanted with no time limit while school was not in session. The geniuses at the league office screwed us again. We had UK, then turn around and face a team with a over a week and a half off on short rest. The we have to play at home and then have 3 straight road games. Ridiculous.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I watched the game. LSU hit several prayer 3's and we shooting 80% from 3 in the 1st half. No one is going to beat a team hitting 3'd at that clip. It didn't help that we were on short rest and they had 11 days off to work on anything they wanted with no time limit while school was not in session. The geniuses at the league office screwed us again. We had UK, then turn around and face a team with a over a week and a half off on short rest. The we have to play at home and then have 3 straight road games. Ridiculous.
Not even wide open threes. They were hitting step back 3's with a man guarding them.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep. When we got down by 19 early in the 2nd half I knew we would make a run but I knew it was unlikely we get over the hump since we would spend so much intensity/effort to get back in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.